• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went with the gun club, brown donegal, and grey moon tweed. Not sure all will fit since I had to tinker with sizing due to a few being out of stock in my size but I have my fingers crossed.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried on or seen both the Melton Wool and Wool/Cashmere topcoats? Scored the Melton earlier this week on the daily deal but wondering if the cashmere blend is worth the extra $$$

I was in earlier this week to compare the two. In terms of fit, I couldn't detect any difference though they drape a little differently since the wool-cashmere is lighter.

The wool-cashmere is a step up in formality. I'm comfortable wearing a top coat with (nice) jeans but the melton would be a better casual choice. And a slightly warmer option.

The colour of the wool-cashmere coat is also slightly darker, probably more of a true midnight while the melton could be considered dark navy.

In the end the slight premium for the wool-cashmere was worth it for me.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance of the VBC Black & White Houndstooth jacket coming back anytime soon. I snoozed and lost and now my size is gone.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick, is it an inconvenience to do online returns in store? I would be happy to do that as it’ll save you guys money.

Also, will more sport coat models arrive in 3-roll-2 configuration? I see the gun check and E Thomas slubs are already.

Last edited:

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many pairs of trousers are needed for bundle price? It's not working with 2 or 3 pairs.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many pairs of trousers are needed for bundle price? It's not working with 2 or 3 pairs.

2+ but make sure you aren't trying to bundle something already on sale or it won't work on the second pair. Bundle only applies to regular priced items.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2+ but make sure you aren't trying to bundle something already on sale or it won't work on the second pair. Bundle only applies to regular priced items.

Strange. I got 2 in my cart, both regular price with the line "Bundle Price" under. May just go ahead with ordering and email Rick after.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay Hey Rick, I know earlier in the thread you said the Neapolitan style suits weren't selling as well as you'd hoped, but will you do another run of them (with the negative belly lapels and everything) in the next season? I'd love to get one, but I'm curious about what fabrics are coming up. I do have a navy suit, which is why I didn't bite on the Navy Herringbone one this go-around. I'm a fan of the more unique combos you guys try to do. Certainly a hell of a lot better than the same snooze-worthy suits you see at Tip-Top and Moores. I would have bought the Blue Pinhead neapolitan suit, but looks like I was too late to the party on that one, my size is out.

teknique22

Reaction score
Has the price of dress pants went up since the new site went live? I never remembered these being $100+ USD per piece, and always thought they were CDN prices, coming to a total of ~$60-$75 per bundled pair. Thanks

jermyzy

Reaction score
Strange. I got 2 in my cart, both regular price with the line "Bundle Price" under. May just go ahead with ordering and email Rick after.

I'm having the same issue.

Also, trying to order some more custom shirts, but all my previous preset measurements have disappeared from my profile?

Numnumnum

Reaction score
Hi Rick
I just bought a suit from your Toronto store and it's great.

I've been looking all over for a good mid grey flannel pant and I see the new VBC flannel on the site but not available in 32". Will you get more?

Also for the rest of you I'm trying to rebuild my basic busi-casu wardrobe for work. I also like the looks of the tweed and moleskin pants but not sure about matching and versatility. What three basic winter pants would you get from Rick if you were just starting out again?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Rick
I just bought a suit from your Toronto store and it's great.

I've been looking all over for a good mid grey flannel pant and I see the new VBC flannel on the site but not available in 32". Will you get more?

Also for the rest of you I'm trying to rebuild my basic busi-casu wardrobe for work. I also like the looks of the tweed and moleskin pants but not sure about matching and versatility. What three basic winter pants would you get from Rick if you were just starting out again?
I'd go a mid-grade flannel as you suggest, plus a mid brown tweed or flannel and a navy tweed or flannel. The Moon and VBC offerings from SM give you plenty of options. A few days ago I picked off a dark green flannel from them that is fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads