• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gonnagetmine

Reaction score
@SpierTeam
Hi, the upcoming Lovat SC looks very different in the various pics. Which is more accurate? Thanks.
9631-NEO-mannequin-1633x2643-(2).jpg

1000007792.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the Navy one. I do like it, its not as breathable as other high twists I have but it also feels heavier and flows better. Does attract a lot of lint but that's normal. I use this one when I'm in the road and end up walking quite a bit so that's maybe why I feel it does not breathe as much but holds it's shape well which I prefer. I see if I can take a fit photo
Thanks for the information!

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the F/W '23 balmacaans have enough inlay in the sleeves to have them lengthened by ~2 cm? I've worn the coat for a season and found the sleeves just not long enough.
I would imagine so. If you feel inside you should be able to tell if there's extra fabric. I would be surprised if there wasn't enough for at least 2cm

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I know it's allocated based on purchase behavior, but always amuses me that SCs top out at 46, while most Neo suits size up to 48.
At one point I could tell you who, from this thread, were the 46 purchasers (myself being one of them). When Spier only dropped between 1-3 of the 46Rs on sportcoats it'd turn into an "okay, which of you bought it?"

I can't imagine a whole lot of 48 wearers would be buying Spier outside of MTO. Unfortunately, I feel like their larger sizes still tend to trend a bit small for the crowd whomst would be buying them.

Jazzy1

Reaction score

This arrived today and while the fabric is glorious, I was bitterly disappointed to discover that the "unfinished" sleeves are only unfinished as to the surgeon's cuffs. There's no spare fabric at the cuff to get a good custom sleeve length. I wrongly assumed that the unfinished sleeve referenced in the product description included a bit of flexible length as a middle-ground to accommodate L sizes in the absence of actual L sizing in this run (that was probably a stupid assumption). Ugh. Very disappointing because the fabric is just so nice to the touch. I'm stuck returning it, it's way too short in the sleeves. :/

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This arrived today and while the fabric is glorious, I was bitterly disappointed to discover that the "unfinished" sleeves are only unfinished as to the surgeon's cuffs. There's no spare fabric at the cuff to get a good custom sleeve length. I wrongly assumed that the unfinished sleeve referenced in the product description included a bit of flexible length as a middle-ground to accommodate L sizes in the absence of actual L sizing in this run (that was probably a stupid assumption). Ugh. Very disappointing because the fabric is just so nice to the touch. I'm stuck returning it, it's way too short in the sleeves. :/
It's available via MTO, in case that works better.

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
It's available via MTO, in case that works better.

Pics of the fabric?

BB_Adept

Reaction score
So i ended not ordering the high waisted dress trousers after all (as you guys suggested). However, I still think they look awesome and if they fit true to the measurement chart I do not know, why they would not fit.
They are supposed to be 74.smth cm around the thigh (forgot the exact measurements and cannot access Spier's website at the moment). My thigh is around 67cm, I honestly do not know why they wouldn't fit.

Another question: will Spier restock the high waisted denim jeans soon?
I would love to buy the high rise corduroy trousers and one or two pairs of jeans, but I'm afraid they might not fit and shipping from EU to Canada is pricey.
I would greatly appreciate an opinion on this :)

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdsudaipur13