• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpierTeam

Reaction score
Yeah feels like performing a seance.
We have been back in this forum for a bit now and do monitor it as well! Some questions are a bit harder to get to as we do have to wait for updates from our team (product/tech/custom etc..) If we can't answer anything here, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team directly and we would be happy to help!

blewnote1

Reaction score
How is everyone’s experience with the customer service?

Because mine has been terrible.

I spent $1142 with them 39 days ago, they still have my money, I have zero product and their customer service is gaslighting me as if this is all normal business practice.

First up, I’ve known about Spier for years, read the good stuff people have to say about them on this forum, and I was getting married so I thought they’d be a good place to get myself outfitted.

The suit I got (which was in a different size to what I ordered) was great quality wise. Really great in-fact which is why I persevered with them for so long. It just didn’t fit.

First up, they only wanted to send me two of the items I ordered, and they wanted to send them in different sizes from what I ordered, even though I gave them pretty exact measurements which matched the sizes I originally bought.

A bit odd, but I was on vacation and didn’t want to mess around so we confirm.

Nine days later I’ve heard nothing from Spier.

It seems something went awry and nothing had been shipped, and so Spier send the items expedited.

I get the suit, two weeks after ordering, and it is too small and I need the size I originally ordered.

It is now less than two weeks from my wedding and I can’t wait to return the suit so they can send me the different size, so I ask them to send me the other suit I had bought and paid for, in the original sizes I ordered.

They now no longer have my size available. Three weeks after order.

At no point during this has customer service acknowledged that this has not been great service, their tone would even suggest that this has been my fault.

Three times I have tried to cancel my order, and each time instead of cancelling, I would be asked to confirm and then be given some contrived reason why I shouldn’t.

The first time I cancelled, Spier sent me the suit before I could apparently confirm. The second time I was told I could just get the wrong size and have my tailor fix it.

I recognise mistakes happen and sometimes things don’t work out, but the way I have been treated by customer service has been poor bordering on malicious.

When a company takes over one thousand dollars upfront and then contrives to slow roll the product getting to you (wether for your benefit or theirs) I’d expect much better customer service.

To me, this is a crazy way to do business.

If this is a one off then so be it, but if it’s common I think @SpierTeam should know so they can fix this, because the suit itself was great quality.

Man, I read through this twice and it still doesn't make sense to me.

They "wanted to send me two of the items I ordered, and they wanted to send them in different sizes from what I ordered, even though I gave them pretty exact measurements which matched the sizes I originally bought."

What part of the ordering experience was this? I've only ever selected items, paid for them, and then had them shipped to me. Occasionally they won't have something I ordered in stock, because of an inventory error, but they have always reached out on such occasions and asked if I want a refund or if there is a different item I would like to purchase instead. There is no place to specify measurements when placing an OTR order.

Secondly, if my understanding of the timeline is correct, you placed an order for the suit you needed for your wedding 1 month before the wedding from a place that you have never ordered from before and thought that was enough time to receive the suit (suits if you were smart and ordered 2 sizes to be on the safe side, which maybe you did but is very unclear from your post), figure out if it fit well enough or if you needed to return and re-order a different size and then get it tailored? Man, even if I was working with a local business I think I'd have been on that sooner than a month before the big event.

What I'm guessing happened is that you did order 2 sizes and the larger one was sold out, but you told them to go ahead and send just the one. When you realized that didn't fit, they still didn't have the larger size and now you're screwed because you waited until the last minute to get set for a big event. I'd also guess that you agreed to have the money refunded as store credit because that's the only way I can see how they would still have all your money without having sent all the things you ordered (since if they didn't have what you ordered it would simply be cancelled from your order and you would be refunded the appropriate amount back to your credit card).

I'm a sample size of one, but I've never had a problem with their customer service. They paid to repair the pocket on a suit that showed up mis-sewn, every return I've made has been easy, and they've gotten much better about quickly responding to email inquiries. The hardest thing is that if you want something and you're not sure about the sizing you really have to order it in a couple sizes because it takes about 2 weeks to receive an order and by that time it may not be on sale or in stock anymore. But also, once you have your sizing dialed in it's pretty easy to order.

classicoutfits

Reaction score

They "wanted to send me two of the items I ordered, and they wanted to send them in different sizes from what I ordered, even though I gave them pretty exact measurements which matched the sizes I originally bought."

What part of the ordering experience was this? I've only ever selected items, paid for them, and then had them shipped to me. Occasionally they won't have something I ordered in stock, because of an inventory error, but they have always reached out on such occasions and asked if I want a refund or if there is a different item I would like to purchase instead. There is no place to specify measurements when placing an OTR order.

Secondly, if my understanding of the timeline is correct, you placed an order for the suit you needed for your wedding 1 month before the wedding from a place that you have never ordered from before and thought that was enough time to receive the suit (suits if you were smart and ordered 2 sizes to be on the safe side, which maybe you did but is very unclear from your post), figure out if it fit well enough or if you needed to return and re-order a different size and then get it tailored? Man, even if I was working with a local business I think I'd have been on that sooner than a month before the big event.

What I'm guessing happened is that you did order 2 sizes and the larger one was sold out, but you told them to go ahead and send just the one. When you realized that didn't fit, they still didn't have the larger size and now you're screwed because you waited until the last minute to get set for a big event. I'd also guess that you agreed to have the money refunded as store credit because that's the only way I can see how they would still have all your money without having sent all the things you ordered (since if they didn't have what you ordered it would simply be cancelled from your order and you would be refunded the appropriate amount back to your credit card).

I'm a sample size of one, but I've never had a problem with their customer service. They paid to repair the pocket on a suit that showed up mis-sewn, every return I've made has been easy, and they've gotten much better about quickly responding to email inquiries. The hardest thing is that if you want something and you're not sure about the sizing you really have to order it in a couple sizes because it takes about 2 weeks to receive an order and by that time it may not be on sale or in stock anymore. But also, once you have your sizing dialed in it's pretty easy to order.

I second your experience. I read some other folks had issues but I think that can be true with anything in life. Personally, I had to contact their CS about 10 times, the response was quick enough (recent experience with another online store never responded on a pending order for like 2 weeks). About 3 months ago, I was communicating through their email, and it was essentially back and forth communication on one day till I got my order placed.

tmckay2

Reaction score
I second your experience. I read some other folks had issues but I think that can be true with anything in life. Personally, I had to contact their CS about 10 times, the response was quick enough (recent experience with another online store never responded on a pending order for like 2 weeks). About 3 months ago, I was communicating through their email, and it was essentially back and forth communication on one day till I got my order placed.
Same, I don't doubt people have had legit problems, although you'll find that about anywhere and the unhappy are usually the loudest (for good reason). My very first order with them was complicated and I was using a discount code and ordered several things to find the sizing so it was kind of messy. They weren't the fastest at getting back me but they figured it all out and it wasn't a problem. I left pretty impressed

Maybe some people are expecting a fully custom boutique type experience and that's why they get upset when it's not as fast or complicated issues aren't solved in a satisfactory manner? I'm not sure.

CarloB

Reaction score

It’s confusing because the way they handled it makes no sense.

I ordered and paid for the selected items and in stead of shipping them, Spier emailed me to say they only wanted to send two of the items I bought incase things didn’t fit and I had to make returns.

They then sent me different sizes to what I ordered, which obviously didn’t fit.

So when I then told them to just send me everything I ordered in the right sizes they said it was no longer available.

I now have all my money back after three attempts at getting them to cancel the order.

Customer service kept trying to slow roll me on cancelling the order. Such as suggesting I just take a suit two sizes too big and just get a tailor to fix it.

Companies make mistakes, thats fine. My issue is the person I was dealing with at customer service absolutely sucked and I felt was trying to protect themselves instead of holding their hands up and admitting mistakes where made and trying to rectify the situation.

Having my money that long without informing me that the items I bought where not available is annoying. As is the fact that I had to prompt them and get in touch every step of the way too figure out what was going on.

If I wasn’t prompting them, they’d still have my money and I’d have no product. It’s felt like a full time job.

blewnote1

Reaction score
It’s confusing because the way they handled it makes no sense.

I ordered and paid for the selected items and in stead of shipping them, Spier emailed me to say they only wanted to send two of the items I bought incase things didn’t fit and I had to make returns.

They then sent me different sizes to what I ordered, which obviously didn’t fit.

So when I then told them to just send me everything I ordered in the right sizes they said it was no longer available.

I now have all my money back after three attempts at getting them to cancel the order.

Customer service kept trying to slow roll me on cancelling the order. Such as suggesting I just take a suit two sizes too big and just get a tailor to fix it.

Companies make mistakes, thats fine. My issue is the person I was dealing with at customer service absolutely sucked and I felt was trying to protect themselves instead of holding their hands up and admitting mistakes where made and trying to rectify the situation.

Having my money that long without informing me that the items I bought where not available is annoying. As is the fact that I had to prompt them and get in touch every step of the way too figure out what was going on.

If I wasn’t prompting them, they’d still have my money and I’d have no product. It’s felt like a full time job.

"I ordered and paid for the selected items and in stead of shipping them, Spier emailed me to say they only wanted to send two of the items I bought incase things didn’t fit and I had to make returns."

I can't imagine any situation where they would do this. In fact, I think they encourage buying multiple sizes on your first order so that you can get the fit dialed in, especially since they often don't have a ton of inventory for the better suits and it's entirely possible it might sell out before you're able to return and repurchase (since they don't do exchanges anymore). Not to mention that if you order 2 suits and return 1 it's less shipping charges for them.

If this is actually what happened, post screenshots and maybe someone from Spier can explain why they're not fulfilling orders as made, but it sounds highly suspect to me.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpmgs