• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here’s some snaps from the SS25 runway. IMO wear it how you like. I’ll confess at one point I was quite brand centric and would follow the designer’s cue quite closely. I still do when I look back at past seasons from Lemaire (I do something like the second photo below).

1721370448532.png

1721370503355.png

Another from SS25 (seems like tucking is the way to go)
1721370538629.png

Long top (L/S) does seem like a theme, too. Personally I like it and do it fairly often whether it be 8” inseam shorts with a shirt or lightweight jacket. I don’t tuck tho, YMMV.
1721370640946.png

Here we have a setup where the shirt is not tucked tho, shock! I think it works with the movement (drape) and overall silhouette. Again YMMV
1721370754553.png

And here’s one with long top and shorts but not tucked! There does not seem to be hard and fast rule. Layering certainly helps.
1721370830790.png

Another
1721370872655.png

More, the layering and length of the top I think lends well to the overall ease sans shirt tuck
1721370934501.png

And look at this one
1721371005573.png

Attachments

• 1721370914746.png
    1721370914746.png
    413.6 KB · Views: 30

cl smooth

Reaction score
Here’s some snaps from the SS25 runway. IMO wear it how you like. I’ll confess at one point I was quite brand centric and would follow the designer’s cue quite closely. I still do when I look back at past seasons from Lemaire (I do something like the second photo below).

View attachment 2216599

View attachment 2216601

Another from SS25 (seems like tucking is the way to go)
View attachment 2216603

Long top (L/S) does seem like a theme, too. Personally I like it and do it fairly often whether it be 8” inseam shorts with a shirt or lightweight jacket. I don’t tuck tho, YMMV.
View attachment 2216605
Here we have a setup where the shirt is not tucked tho, shock! I think it works with the movement (drape) and overall silhouette. Again YMMV
View attachment 2216607

And here’s one with long top and shorts but not tucked! There does not seem to be hard and fast rule. Layering certainly helps.
View attachment 2216609

Another
View attachment 2216611

More, the layering and length of the top I think lends well to the overall ease sans shirt tuck
View attachment 2216615

And look at this one
View attachment 2216617

Great post! Obviously we can all do whatever we feel like, but I’m always curious what others who follow this sort of chic, flowy aesthetic do. Especially during summer when it’s really hot out!

MeatFish

Reaction score
Ok let’s chat here. Two questions for you all:

1. is the lemaire way to tuck in your shirts? Does it matter if it’s short sleeve or long sleeve shirts? Does it matter if you are wearing pants or shorts?

2. I notice lemaire rarely ever shows short sleeve shirts with shorts. Always pants. Do you abide by this as well? Is it long sleeve shirts only with shorts?
1. tuck vs untuck us gonna depend more on the fit of everything around the shirt moreso than just the shirt imo. i don't think there's a "lemaire" way to do it either
2. Not specific to lemaire, but I tend to wear short sleeves with long pants and vise versa in the summer, feels like I'm not wearing enough if not most times (but there are definitely times for short sleeves + shorts). Lemaire's short sleeve shirts usually run a bit longer anyway, so I think it still brings that balance to it

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watching and looking over SS25 I'm reminded to wear my Lemaire boot some more. The straps on jackets is pretty cool in second look, reminds me of old Siki Im jacket I had. And I think Rick Owens had that feature too. So functional when your hands are not free, and you want to sling the clothes over your shoulders or wear as a backpack per se.

true.to.size

Reaction score
If anyone is willing to part with their early solid-color Uniqlo + Lemaire pocket Ts in size med or large (US) or size large or xl (asia), let me know! Some of my favorite Ts, perhaps all-time favorite, and mine are starting to wear out.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tobrosi