• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SouthOfBloor

Reaction score
Hey, can anyone recommend a White custom shirt fabric? I'm looking for something really soft/comfy/silky feeling, none of the white fabrics are jumping out at me. Thanks.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks. I'm a 38 as well and found the medium in a sweater was too small so large makes sense to me (although 38 = large does not)

Polos are definitely ‘shrink to fit’, but then I think they are pretty good. I love the spread collar and the overall fit becomes slim but not Fred Perry tight. Only think I’d change is taking a half inch off the sleeve length, but that’s just me.

taargus_taargus

Reaction score
Picked up a few F/W staples today. I hope I like the fit of the 'slim' pants - since I didn't like the last pair I purchased a couple of years ago - a little to roomy for my hipster tastes.

Spier&Mackay-Navy%20-%20Long%20Sleeve%20Polo%20-%20Shirt%20Collar-%20(2).jpg
SKM-GRN-CRDY_28364-SS21-spiermackay-pants-1.jpg
SpierAndMackaySS22_RY-2832_NY-CHN-01_48562-Edit.jpg

But what I'm most excited about. Been wanting a waxed jacket but didn't see the point in shelling out for Barbour. Love that this has a removable vest inside.

SpierAndMackayFW22_Olive%20-%20Waxed%20Touring%20Jacket-CHERA8-GN105-WAX-JKT%20(2).jpg
The slim chinos are still too big for me, too. I'm going to have to get all the seats tailored because they are never form fitting flattering around my butt area. Additionally, I've always had to get them tapered, too. I really wish Spier didn't use the same cuts for their casual pants as they do their dress pants. Doesn't make sense to me

taargus_taargus

Reaction score
I’m eagerly awaiting more spring/summer trouser drops. Hoping for high rise fresco or other lightweight wool pants.
Same! I need something lightweight that I can wear in ~80-85 degree weather without feeling like I'm on fire. The lightweight chinos I purchased last year were absolutely terrible. Immediate return

tyfighter

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a new forum member and new Spier and Mackay buyer inspired to join the site after lurking reading up on suit fit advice.

I'm 6' ~170 lbs, and I just purchased a size 40R slim and contemporary suit to see which I liked the fit of better. The size 40 seems great in the shoulders of both. The contemporary fit works much better for me in the chest and waist, but the sleeves and pants are a little baggier than I would like. The slim fit fixes that issue, but there's slight pulling at the center button causing the lapels to more readily form a gap and lift off my chest.

If I'm wanting the slimmer fit, I'm wondering if this is an issue that letting the waist out an inch could fix, given that the contemporary works better in the torso. Alternatively, would it look silly to get a contemporary fit jacket with slim fit pants?

Thanks for any advice! Happy to post pics if that would help, but struggling to find a good mirror and lighting that captures the issue.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
38 suit and, at least in the 2018-2019 polos, Large for a fairly slim fit.
Strange I'm a 38 too but according to my order history I ordered a long sleeve polo in small (ordered in 2022) that I am very happy with. We'll see!
The slim chinos are still too big for me, too. I'm going to have to get all the seats tailored because they are never form fitting flattering around my butt area. Additionally, I've always had to get them tapered, too. I really wish Spier didn't use the same cuts for their casual pants as they do their dress pants. Doesn't make sense to me
Ugh...

A12321

Reaction score
Does anyone know why their high-rise trousers sometimes have side tabs on the waistband and sometimes in between the waistband and pocket? See photo attached for an example. Both pants are the same specs but have side tabs in different spots

Attachments

• CaptureSM.JPG
    CaptureSM.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 115

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why their high-rise trousers sometimes have side tabs on the waistband and sometimes in between the waistband and pocket? See photo attached for an example. Both pants are the same specs but have side tabs in different spots
It's Been Like That For A Couple Yrs Now, At First All Were On Top, I Prefer In Between, Loving (Kit Blake) Trousers, Exclusively, But I Take Cream Anyway I Can Get It... :cool:

Last edited:

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Not a QC problem. It is like this all over their site and I can't determine why some are this way and some are the other way.

These are the same pants just different color, why else would they have them in different spots? I will be interested in having 2 similar pants in different sizes to compare

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads