• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Austinjhutch

Reaction score
Yeah that's true about linen not stretching much at all, but in my mind there's some loosening in the fabric after a few wears, even if the waist itself remains tight. But then again, I have a pair from Cavour from last summer in slim 48 instead of 50 and they will never fit.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here but I do find that sometimes linen is cut more generously (due to the fabric). I believe Rick has commented a few times on this as well in this thread.
I've never bought OTR linen shirts from S&M, but I have heard that they're often cut generously.

dangaa

Reaction score
I've never bought OTR linen shirts from S&M, but I have heard that they're often cut generously.

There was an issue with a batch of shirts from a couple of seasons ago which I'll attest to were completely botched in a few colorways.

I've purchased a few since then and although they are slightly looser they are well within acceptable range.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two OTR linen shirts from them in 16 contemporary. And one 16.5 linen slim fit. All 3 fit but
the two contemporary are noticeably bigger in the arms, chest and waist. I washed them in hot
water and threw in the dryer which made them almost perfect for me. The 16 slim was perfect
right out of the box.
Of course it depends on your body type.

Austinjhutch

Reaction score
Sondrio linen no cuffs with some EGs
IMG_20210707_144117.jpg
IMG_20210707_135710.jpg

And indoors w no shoes on

ShibuiC

Reaction score
What kind of processing time are people experiencing with altered items? Placed an order on June 21st for a pair of trousers and they've yet to ship. Hopefully they haven't forgot about me, and are just slammed with orders from the sales and the re-opening of their store!

Edit: Had a feeling this would happen, got the shipping notification 5 minutes after posting. Olive linen trousers on the way. It's so nice being able to wear them straight out of the box and not need to visit a tailor.

Last edited:

jpo

Reaction score
A little help here would be appreciated: I ordered 3 sport coats to try on different sizing (R and Long) a couple weeks ago. I received my order 11 days ago, tried them and made my decision to return the 3 and placed a new order for another fabric in my size I needed (Tobacco linen is the winner).

For the return: I sent an email 8 days ago and no response: Followed up with 3 phone calls/vm's and another email follow up over the past 8 days and still no response at all. This is very frustrating. The 14 day window is actually is 3 days out and I don't see how it's possible to return in that timeframe when I can't get a response or return label with 8 days of no response.

Is there something I'm missing with the customer service response? Would value you're guys experience here.

Thanks in advance.

dangaa

Reaction score
A little help here would be appreciated: I ordered 3 sport coats to try on different sizing (R and Long) a couple weeks ago. I received my order 11 days ago, tried them and made my decision to return the 3 and placed a new order for another fabric in my size I needed (Tobacco linen is the winner).

For the return: I sent an email 8 days ago and no response: Followed up with 3 phone calls/vm's and another email follow up over the past 8 days and still no response at all. This is very frustrating. The 14 day window is actually is 3 days out and I don't see how it's possible to return in that timeframe when I can't get a response or return label with 8 days of no response.

Is there something I'm missing with the customer service response? Would value you're guys experience here.

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully it is just the long weekend that is causing the back log but I've always had good success with Returns sending my requests directly to [email protected].

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
I'm dealing with the same sluggish return speed. Posted something similar this morning. I think they have been very short handed.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm strongly considering taking advantage of the current full canvas upgrade promo by having a DB suit made out of this fabric. Never really had a PoW suit before, so looking for general advice. Is it a good choice for a DB PoW suit? I'm considering getting the jacket fully lined with flap pockets.
Screenshot_20210707_223226.jpg
SpierAndMackayFW20_27372-1-MTO_22287.jpg
Screenshot_20210707_223519_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
27372-1-3.jpg
27372-1-1.jpg

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

conak

Reaction score
I'm strongly considering taking advantage of the current full canvas upgrade promo by having a DB suit made out of this fabric. Never really had a PoW suit before, so looking for general advice. Is it a good choice for a DB PoW suit? I'm considering getting the jacket fully lined with flap pockets.
View attachment 1635618 View attachment 1635619 View attachment 1635623 View attachment 1635620 View attachment 1635621

I think it will look good, but keep in mind that if you are around a sea of plain navy and charcoal suits, it will stand out.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it will look good, but keep in mind that if you are around a sea of plain navy and charcoal suits, it will stand out.
No risk of that happening. As a matter of fact, nothing would make me happier than if people came dressed in navy and charcoal suits.

Thoughts on the pattern/shade? Looking for a low key PoW and not a loud one. Since I don't have any prior experience, I don't know where this fabric sits on the "loudness" scale.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads