• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soy Milk....good or bad?

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it an accepted beverage in Asia? I don't recall being exposed to soy milk until relatively recently (say, within the last 10-15 years).

The soy products we eat a lot of are fermented soy products like tofu and soy sauce. I think it's the fermentation that is supposed to remove/neutralize the phytoestrogens found in non-fermented soy products (like soy milk).

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Why not? Soy milk is advertised as being good for your health.

Unless you're a particularly dim child, everyone knows that nothing is good for you in excess. Not food, not exercise, not vitamins, not water, not even air. The man's in his forties, ffs.

hankwx

Reaction score
from wut ive seen, if u buy the american soy milk brands, they come with so much sugar it's like drinking soda pop...
plain.gif
. bad.

the unsweetened ones are much healthier...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for you guys who drink soy milk. is it hard to drink while there's a cock in your mouth?

turbozed

Reaction score
Asian cultures do drink soy milk.

You can easily find the Yeo's brand and Vitasoy even here in the US. Both are loaded with sugar but taste pretty damn good.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
Asian cultures do drink soy milk.
and in SE Asia they have some of the most convincing male to female conversions the world has ever seen.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ge Fuzz
does it? Im not sure if this is the same but this guy says heat doesn't ruin protein. Same for cooking egg whites I presume, egg whites denature when cooked and turn white but aren't the amino acids what we're after? When we eat protein our body first breaks down the proteins anyway before absorbing them , I think. Im pretty sure just the peptide bonds are broken during heating. From what I rememebr from a&p class protiens are simply amino acids linked together and then folded into different shapes, primary, tertiary or whatever and denaturing just messes with the folds and/or bonds.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._about_protein

O god, do some research bro. This is simple stuff.

but here, let me give you a clue. Pasteurization alters the structure of the protein molecule thus making it harder for our body to absorb. May not sound like a big deal, but when your counting macros and are actually intense with working out and diet, it's VERY important.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
for you guys who drink soy milk. is it hard to drink while there's a cock in your mouth?

HAHAHA

and another thing. This is one of those stupid things people care too much about. They say, o god, milk might be bad for you, I'm going to soy. but then you'll still chomp down a ridiculous Mcdonald's hamburger somewhere in the day. It's absurd. Same people who put SO much stress on having a good preworkout drink and throwing down a protein shake and banana after your workout. but what the **** did you eat the rest of the day? It's so annoying training people with these mentalities.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
soy has phytoestrogens.

but it makes me think. Considering that Milk is produced by female cows, wouldnt bovine milk have some amount of estrogens as well?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
but it makes me think. Considering that Milk is produced by female cows, wouldnt bovine milk have some amount of estrogens as well?

Stop that.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am trying to grow moobs for the stage production of Fight Club, in which I have been cast as Bob. Would you recommend soy milk?

kaiimac

Reaction score
I have drank Soy Milk for years and definitely do not have man boobs.

I looked up some journal articles on the topic, and you would have to drink tons and tons of milk every day for several years for it to even effect your overall hormone levels. Women are supposed to increase soy intake during menopause but usually have to take pills or eat special bars packed with the concentrated phytoestrogens derived from large amounts soybeans to get any effect. Drinking soy milk is definitely not going to hurt you, and it is pissing me off that Jeremy Piven is saying that soy gave him man boobs when he probably has no idea.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agnesmefford