• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Songs that blew you away the first time you heard them

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I forgot to mention Art Blakey & the Messengers, "Moanin'." Still the quintessential hard bop song.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i am not a nirvana fan but love that song.

Originally Posted by Connemara
"Spirit" is a stupid song and Nirvana was a *** band.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
will add My ****'s fucked up and the night they drove old dixie down

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Moot The Hoople, All The Young Dudes

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Joy Division, Atmosphere

Elton Motello, Jet Boy Jet Girl

John Cooper Clarke, Beasley Street

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bored . . .

Barry McQuire, Eve of Destruction

Brian Eno, Needles in the Camel's Eye

Robert Fripp, Frippertronics

Frampton, Do You Feel Like I Do

The Clash, Train in Vain

lefty

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Purple Rain by Prince
worship.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Purple Rain by Prince

yeah, definitely.

Also, RUN-DMC's "Rock Box", when I first heard that song I lost my ****. I was a young rap fan and was already in love with "Sucker MC's" but Rock Box was just next level ****.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was at some backroom club in the LES a few weeks ago that was filled with 20-year-old hipster doofuses. The guy on stage broke out into PR and everyone in the audience knew the words and sang along. Still resonates. lefty P'S. I wonder what would have happened had he played Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

tundrafour

Reaction score
Rolling Thunder Revue version of Knockin' on Heaven's Door (recorded, not in person), the 1996 version of Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence by Ryuichi Sakamoto (along the same lines, most YMO songs), and the first time I heard My Father My King played live.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elliebelle