• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Small Business Loans

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to open up a small business and would like to take out a loan of some sort. Where is the best place to go? What should I look out for?

Basically, I don't own my own home or have any assets really. I have really good credit and that is about it.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Capital One, they will almost give $50K to anyone unsecured based on the credit score for a Small Biz loan....especially with no assets this may well be the best, and the rates are generally good.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I'm looking to open up a small business and would like to take out a loan of some sort. Where is the best place to go? What should I look out for?

Basically, I don't own my own home or have any assets really. I have really good credit and that is about it.

How much money are you interested in borrowing?

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Need to find out for sure, I'm hoping no more than 30K.

There are several ways to do it. As nightowl mentioned, a small amount (like $30k) can be done on personal loans, credit cards, and such. Or, you can go to the small business association (SBA) and they will provide business loans but you'll need to have 20% of your own money. In other words, for a loan of $100,000 you'll need $20,000.

Finally, depending on where you live you can get help with SCORE (Link)(free business mentoring / help / counseling from experienced, usually retired, executives) or local universities usually have excellent classes in developing business plans and they will point you in the direction for financing once you find out what you need. A tight business plan will help tremendously both in the success of the business and finding out what the exact amount is that you need to borrow.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aren't there government programs that deal with this as well? I know that's the case in Canada.

dpw

Reaction score
look on web for nxlevel.org. they may have classes in your area...great business plan material for small companies

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some old retired pros who will tell me what I need to get started. I want to start a flowershop and may need more money than that since I may end up being the sole proprietor. There is relatively little overhead in starting a flowershop though.

I am going to meet with people later this week. I'll let you know how much they say they think I need.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads