• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Small business accounting software that doesn't suck?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Howdy,

Any recs on accounting software that would work well for a manufacturing type business but allows for easy project management?

Thank you!

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
What do you mean by project management? Quickbooks is actually pretty decent. I work in public accounting and most of our clients (<10 million annual revenue) use that. I guess it depends how small the business is.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
working for a manufacturing org, I can say there is no software you buy in a box that doesn't suck. we've tried iirc 3 accounting programs in the past few years and its still unsatisfactory and leaves you frustrated. well, at least in our case.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Peachtree sounds promising so far, I have a feeling I'm going to have to continue running my projects on excel.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly, peachtree is probably the best... it's what we use for making invoices

Pawan Yadav

Reaction score
Sage 50 Pro Accounting is also not bad, the interesting thing is price is very reasonable that is $62, if you are going to buy QuickBooks, you need to pay around $200... other one affordable payroll software is Microsoft Office Small Business Account, it has the same price that is $61.99.. I have written reviews on top payroll software, it would really be good if you go through the reviews to understand their working tasks, pricing and other important things according to your business requirements. The review page is http://usemyreviews.com/payroll-software-reviews/ where I have reviewed more than 10 payroll software with important points.

Last edited:

parkdarily

Reaction score
honestly, peachtree is probably the best... it's what we use for making invoices
nUhUoK

Last edited:

jackgb1980

Reaction score
i agree peachtree is one of the best, it is super easy to learn and does a lot for the money. i use it for invoices too, we have a small antique business.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads