• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

mockalite

Reaction score
FYI, this season's Unis Gio chinos are selling for $198 at the Unis website. That's $30 cheaper than what they used to sell for. Still expensive, but IMO completely worth it. Best pair of chinos I've tried on.

Vaudevillian

Reaction score

FYI, this season's Unis Gio chinos are selling for $198 at the Unis website. That's $30 cheaper than what they used to sell for. Still expensive, but IMO completely worth it. Best pair of chinos I've tried on.

Mmm, I've been trying to get my hands on a pair of Gio for a long time now. It seems that neither the Unis web-store not the other e-tailers carrying the brand ship to Italy.

There is a lot of talk about this brand online but since I've never set my eyes on an actual pair I'm still wondering about a few things:

1) Do they really fit TTS? like, I'm a 32'' waist, which means that I wear a 30'' or 31'' in most brands but will go for a 32'' when the fit is TTS (Momotaro comes to mind)

2) Is the quality and general fit as good as Incotex? (for those who have tried both).

3)going back to the basic issue, is there anyone carrying the brand in Europe and/or willing to ship to Italy?

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carhartt WIP (their EU line) makes a great pair of slim/tapered chinos.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been interested in these for a while, heard only good things. I need some new chinos, maybe I'll wait till sales season and kop them 30-50% off

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1) Do they really fit TTS? like, I'm a 32'' waist, which means that I wear a 30'' or 31'' in most brands but will go for a 32'' when the fit is TTS (Momotaro comes to mind)

Yes. They fit true to size, Unis won't ship them to Italy? Call the store and ask, they are real friendly there.

munich1204

Reaction score
My 28x32 Alpha Khakis taper to just shy of 7" for the leg opening. I've asked J.Crew the dimensions of their urban slim Broken-in Chinos, and was told size 28x32 have a 7.25" leg opening.

malcolm4819

Reaction score

Anyone have experience with the Mister SF chino pants? How is the fit and quality?

Fit is great, quality is decent but good for price point. I speaking from their older chinos so I have no experience with the new ones but I will def get a pair or two

Last edited:

uninkco

Reaction score

are alpha khakis slimmer than jcrew urban slim fits? thinking of buying them to replace my jcrews but i dont want anything baggy

I would say that it is slightly slimmer? Not too tight as I have pretty muscular thighs. Overall construction and fit is definitely better imo.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would say that it is slightly slimmer? Not too tight as I have pretty muscular thighs. Overall construction and fit is definitely better imo.

I like the Alphas and will probably be buying a couple pair in a few weeks. I really wish they made a K-1 version of them, tough, as the fit was the only thing I really disliked about the old K-1s (too loose/baggy/relaxed). Hook enclosure, button fly, very heavy material (but very soft), yeah.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to know. I went on a binge last night and bought 4 pairs sight unseen.... :embar: They were already marked down like $10 each plus they give you a 20% discount for signing up with them, so I got 4 pairs for like $40 each. not bad.

I like the J Crew Urban Slims, they fit me well. I also really like my Unis Gio's but they are a bit slimmer than I'd like. Hopefully the Alpha's work well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads