• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing like the last minute to consider the Enzo Bonafe GTMO zip boot! I have no experience with EB, and am looking for sizing advice from users here on Styleforum (I’ve reviewed Skoak staff’s last comparisons). This 062 last appears close to the Gaziano & Girling Square Deco last, to my eyes at least. For reference - my best fitting equivalent footwear are:
  • G&G TG73 in 11E;
  • G&G Square Deco in 11E;
  • G&G MH71 in 11E.
Any input is appreciated, thanks!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing like the last minute to consider the Enzo Bonafe GTMO zip boot! I have no experience with EB, and am looking for sizing advice from users here on Styleforum (I’ve reviewed Skoak staff’s last comparisons). This 062 last appears close to the Gaziano & Girling Square Deco last, to my eyes at least. For reference - my best fitting equivalent footwear are:
  • G&G TG73 in 11E;
  • G&G Square Deco in 11E;
  • G&G MH71 in 11E.
Any input is appreciated, thanks!
I have a good amount of experience with EB, but this will be my first rodeo with the 062 last. In general, the EB's will have a higher instep than any of the G&G lasts. This 062 looks to be narrower comparatively to all the other lasts I own(ed), but not by much when I look at 804 or 74945. I take a UK9 in all EB lasts so far and usually have the instep reduced, which I'm not sure is possible on a side zip but I have asked for a little more room at the ball, just to be on the safe side here. I get a really good fit on MH71 in UK9.5E fwiw.

Not sure if any of that is helpful since I haven't owned anything on 062, but hopefully my more general thoughts on EB's lasts are at least anecdotal.

ErikDg

Reaction score
Hi guys,
The zip boot is funded. Thank you all for participating. Will leave it open during the day in case @Easily Amused decides to jump in.
Please keep on hit me up with ideas for future GMTO´s.

BTW, I am always a bit divided when I am about to put GMTO´s online. Since the lead time is four months it´s logical to do boots and other heavy styles now since they will show up in the beginning of fall. But personally at this season when spring is coming and it is getting warmer my brain is completely focused on loafers and summer styles so I´m more trigger happy on these styles for some reason. What´s your opinion?

ThomasR

Reaction score
I think that it would be more logical to focus on styles that we’ll wear when the gmto is delivered, so boots and other styles.
one of the next EB MTO or GMTO I’ll ask for will probably be a Norvegese balway in hidro loden /with double leather soles.

ErikDg

Reaction score
I think that it would be more logical to focus on styles that we’ll wear when the gmto is delivered, so boots and other styles.
one of the next EB MTO or GMTO I’ll ask for will probably be a Norvegese balway in hidro loden /with double leather soles.
The "Balway" is exclusive for another retailer so we´ll have to go for some other boot style.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
The zip boot is funded. Thank you all for participating. Will leave it open during the day in case @Easily Amused decides to jump in.
Please keep on hit me up with ideas for future GMTO´s.

BTW, I am always a bit divided when I am about to put GMTO´s online. Since the lead time is four months it´s logical to do boots and other heavy styles now since they will show up in the beginning of fall. But personally at this season when spring is coming and it is getting warmer my brain is completely focused on loafers and summer styles so I´m more trigger happy on these styles for some reason. What´s your opinion?
Without wanting to inundate the market with offerings, I lean more toward putting interesting options up as they arise/are suggested. For better or worse, seasonality isn't really a thing for me, so I'd have no qualms about signing on for a pair of loafers due for arrival in the cooler months, or boots for warmer.

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. We had to do some updates on the site, mostly because of some technical issues. Please tell us if you experience any bugs. Does the prices look allright? Would be nice with some feedback if it shows excluding VAT outside of EU and including local VAT within the EU. Thanks

Euro prices seem to have increased significantly. For instance: L&T boots used to be 382 euro and are now 407 euro. While the tax rate where I live is lower than the Swedish rate (21% here vs 25% in .se).

So I would have expected the price to be lower after the updates (370 EUR).

ErikDg

Reaction score
Euro prices seem to have increased significantly. For instance: L&T boots used to be 382 euro and are now 407 euro. While the tax rate where I live is lower than the Swedish rate (21% here vs 25% in .se).

Prices are sligthly increased due to higher production costs from our makers. Especially leather have become more expensive the last two years. So prices in Euro are a little higher but the new currency rates in shopify are better for those who are buying in other currencies.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Prices are sligthly increased due to higher production costs from our makers. Especially leather have become more expensive the last two years. So prices in Euro are a little higher but the new currency rates in shopify are better for those who are buying in other currencies.

There has been a price increase on L&T of about 6%. We have not increased our prices since we launched L&T 2018 so I feel a price increase was actually long overdue, given the reasons mentioned by Erik. The inflation in Sweden last year alone was about 4,5%.

As for the other prices they should be the same as before we updated the site. Correct me if I'm wrong. There's been an update to how we collect taxes within the EU on the backend but that should not have effected the prices.

The reason US clients see an improvement on their prices is that we have switched to a dynamic currency converter. The old one needed to be set manually and was only updated about twice per year. All our prices are set in Euro (and not SEK) so if the € drops in relation to US $ prices in USD should now improve automatically.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few new options for socks. These "shadow" socks are my personal favorites.

All about the calf of course. ;)

Sozzi-Cotton-Shadow-Socks-Navy-02.jpg
Sozzi-Cotton-Shadow-Socks-Charcoal-02.jpg
Sozzi-Cotton-Shadow-Socks-Espresso-02.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads