• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I am looking for!

I wear UK 8 rain last.What is the recommendable sizing advise for this last.

I defer to the good peeps and Skoak and recommend you email them for confirmation but I have a Rain last chukka and a 74945 last button boot and take the same size (uk8.5) in each and will be going with UK 8.5 for this chukka as well.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I defer to the good peeps and Skoak and recommend you email them for confirmation but I have a Rain last chukka and a 74945 last button boot and take the same size (uk8.5) in each and will be going with UK 8.5 for this chukka as well.
To which carmina last look can you compare the 74945 last?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know that it directly compares to any. It has a sleek round toe box - sleeker than Forest but not as almond-shaped as Inca. Maybe close to Robert in the toe shape - I dunno.

Here it is in a button boot:

orig.jpg

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know that it directly compares to any.  It has a sleek round toe box - sleeker than Forest but not as almond-shaped as Inca.  Maybe close to Robert in the toe shape - I dunno.

Here it is in a button boot:

orig.jpg

Those are spectacular! beautifull last.

What color will the edge and heel be? and leather or rubber sole?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol you guys - I am never one to dampen shoe enthusiasm so rather than wait for tomorrow, here are the deets on the proposed GMTO

Model 3722 Chukka
74945 Last
Hand welted
Vitello Etrusco
Dainite Soles (with brown edge finishing on the leather midsole)
Natural Lining
No medallion
No Norvegese
Braided leather laces
Delivery in approx 16 weeks.

Price is US$570 for US clients or 4800 SEK ex VAT.

So this is the model of Chukka in terms of overall design, though shown here on a different last and with Norvegese:
orig.jpg

And here is an example of Vitello Etrusco and Dainite with brown edge finish on the leather midsole:

medium800.jpg

As I mentioned, one participant is already in (and I invite him to pop in and say hello) so we need just one more to subscribe this GMTO, and of course the more the merrier!

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well @RogerP and I posted the details about EB chukka project at virtually the same time. So as to not clutter things, I have deleted my elegant prose describing said chukka. Let's just say it was a very well written post designed to make one yearn to join this GMTO.
smile.gif

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is no adequate comparison in respect to Carmina or any other SF "approved" shoemaker. 74945 last is in the leagues of its own. It is labeled as "round chiseled" last. In my opinion it is one of the nicest toes out there. It is really hard to describe the shape of that toe.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol you guys - I am never one to dampen shoe enthusiasm so rather than wait for tomorrow, here are the deets on the proposed GMTO

Model 3722 Chukka
74945 Last

Hand welted

Vitello Etrusco

Natural Lining

No medallion

No Norvegese

Braided leather laces

So this is the model of Chukka in terms of overall design, though shown here on a different last and with Norvegese:
orig.jpg

And here is an example of Vitello Etrusco and Dainite with brown edge finish on the leather midsole:

medium800.jpg

As I mentioned, one participant is already in (and I invite him to pop in and say hello) so we need just one more to subscribe this GMTO, and of course the more the merrier!
I am on the same page on every details except questions regarding the outsole.

Is this dainite with a leather midsole? would you guys consider double leather sole?

Skell6009

Reaction score
@Leaves which EB last do you think is most similar to the EG 888 last in terms of shape? If I had to wager a guess, either 74945 or 2102 but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am on the same page on every details except questions regarding the outsole.

Is this dainite with a leather midsole? would you guys consider double leather sole?

Check out Skoak's site for multiple Pics of that bal boot with the Dainite outsole with leather midsole. That is exactly what we have in mind and I'd like to stick with it.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Model 3722 Chukka
74945 Last
Hand welted
Vitello Etrusco
Natural Lining
No medallion
No Norvegese
Braided leather laces

orig.jpg

medium800.jpg

Hi Roger, this is a pretty swell makeup, and I was crossing my fingers you guys would not go for the Norvegese welt.
I'm pretty fine with your (and @CLTesquire 's) ideas, as it is.

Tallcane

Reaction score

I'd be interested in the Cambridge, the MH71 and the F width, but alas I've got waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many black shoes.

I am the exact opposite. I have way to many brown shoes. This would really be my first black purchase in a long long time.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Actually, I will be soon be proposing a GMTO (or else a fellow forum member will) for a Vitello Etrusco chukka on the 74945 last based on this model.  We have most of the deets worked out and will canvas for a third (or more, of course) participant shortly.

:)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member