• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gs always get left out.
frown.gif

That's not what Snoop Dogg says...

jrb666

Reaction score
In the normal course of a GMTO you pick the model and hope to find enough people.

Given the comparatively small F-width group, I think we need to pick the people and hope to find a model we can agree on. The best way might be via group PM.

So far I think we have interest from:

RogerP
Latecomer
Pbayvip
jrb666
nickrut

Sorry - my antique office browser won't let me tag the forum members so they are notified.

Could one of you fine gentlemen maybe post the list in the G&G thread? The more F-width members we get in line, the more likely we will find a model that 6 of us want / need / drool over.

I should say at the outset that I'm not a boot guy, beyond chelseas, and I've already got 5 pairs of them, including the superb G&G Burnhams that were an inspired GMTO earlier this year.

So if the majority want a boot, I'll retire quietly to my corner.

My only other comment is that I'd prefer a colour other than black.

So far this year, I've been in on 3 G&G GMTOs this year (Burnhams, Oakhams and St James ll kudu - which arrive this week, fingers crossed), none of which I would have chosen for myself. I'm very pleased with them all, and as I may have said here before, I have been only too happy to benefit from the collective creativity of the group.

Last edited:

Faster

Reaction score
Probably even a smaller group, but worth seeing how many might be interested. There are already more F width than I thought. I sure wish we could all play in the same sandbox, but it is what it is.
While I think last and makers play a decent factor on widths. I think many would be shocked to learn that their perceive right size might be wrong all along.

I was so sure I was an E for the longest time, bought $1000's as such, until I attended my first proper trunk show and received, a kind, but huge slap on the face... where I learned I was almost a FULL size off! And this maker also commented he regularly makes no less than half their clients go down at least .5. In these cases, mine included many compensate width by going up in size, longer, and just don't know best...

I found that for some makers/last I'm actually a G!

One of the few things, to this date, that make me go
baldy[1].gif

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ I got fit by Dean at a trunk show.  He confirmed what I suspected - that I would be far better served going from a 9E to a 9F than by going to 9.5E.  Problem is that 9.5Es are thick on the ground anf F widths are not.

I too get fitted by Dean. Everything was all right until I tried TG73 last in E width which I found too narrow in the toe box. I went up a half a size and at that point I realized the shoe became too long and that I should have gone the same size but increase the width.

I had exactly the same experience with Bonafe 946 last. When my regular size was too narrow in the toe box I went up a half a size but then shoe became too long. I took my regular size but increased with on 946t last and I got the good fit.

The problem of course that wider widths are not readily available.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Roger.
Thank you for putting this together. I will put in my order soon. The rubber soles would make this a good option when the ground is wet, and it gets wet a lot here.
Just a quick question, what color will the laces be? Will the picture be a good reflection?

Good question. I didn't specify lace colour, but given that we are not going for contrasting Norvegese stitching, the lighter colour laces might not work as well as something closer to the shade of the shoes themselves. I'm open to the opinions of the participants - I figure replacement laces are a piece of cake anyway, so if you guys want to punch it up a little with contrasting braided laces I am more than okay with that.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question. I didn't specify lace colour, but given that we are not going for contrasting Norvegese stitching, the lighter colour laces might not work as well as something closer to the shade of the shoes themselves. I'm open to the opinions of the participants - I figure replacement laces are a piece of cake anyway, so if you guys want to punch it up a little with contrasting braided laces I am more than okay with that.
Ah, no problem. I'm fine either way as well. I'd actually thought flat laces might be interesting. But anything is fine. I didn't even know Enzo had braided leather laces.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too get fitted by Dean. Everything was all right until I tried TG73 last in E width which I found too narrow in the toe box. I went up a half a size and at that point I realized the shoe became too long and that I should have gone the same size but increase the width.

I had exactly the same experience with Bonafe 946 last. When my regular size was too narrow in the toe box I went up a half a size but then shoe became too long. I took my regular size but increased with on 946t last and I got the good fit.

The problem of course that wider widths are not readily available.

thanks for sharing this @laufer . I thought its only me but I have the same experience with EB 946 last and TG73 last. But MH71 E width fits good.
I sized down half a size for EB 804 last on the Jodhpur boots but feels very snug and maybe overtime it will loosen up.
How is your experience on the EB 804 last and 74945 last ?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member