• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a light jacket for S/S down under and thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these. Maybe more than one... Help me make up my mind. OR OR
I had that cardigan I think. The arms fit really tight, like shrinkwrap.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at that but decided to pass due to lack of buttons. It was up on ebay at $300 starting and nobody bid so you could probably send an offer.

twylo

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for a winter boot to wear in Canada that is both stylish and functional. I won't be dashing through the snow by any means, just to and from work, nights out and such. Old thread on here didn't yield any good results, but I was thinking this boot in either colour:

I would be wearing the boots with the "loose" fit. If anyone else has a different boot that would be better suited for winter with a similar style, or a thread I might have missed, please let me know. Much appreciated.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those filson's look way better in that last pic than in the first

otherwise, one of the few times I'd recommend red wings:

they're everywhere (both j crew and brooks brothers have versions), model number 9185, so shouldn't have a problem getting a good deal on a pair

have been considering these for casual wear a while myself

MS007

Reaction score
Still looking for a backpack. I want go more in the clean lines techwear direction (no goretex cargo pants & CP, more like peir wu meets acronym) .

Which of the following would work best in your opinion (I am open for other suggestions as well) and has anyone experience with either hammerhaed or Crafted Goods?

mixProtocol

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for a winter boot to wear in Canada that is both stylish and functional. I won't be dashing through the snow by any means, just to and from work, nights out and such. Old thread on here didn't yield any good results, but I was thinking this boot in either colour:

Chippewa has some similar boots that I've been contemplating in both six-inch and eight-inch versions (though the sole's a bit chunkier)....

Willin

Reaction score
^Do not buy unless you only plan on wearing it casually. It won't cover a suit jacket which will look silly if you opted to wear it to work.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

fireflygrave

Reaction score
Maybe I don't have an appreciation for heritage stuff, but those jeans look awful to me :confused:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Do not buy unless you only plan on wearing it casually. It won't cover a suit jacket which will look silly if you opted to wear it to work.

people wear muuch sillier jackets to work, trust. in most bizcaz workplaces, the third fit pic he posted would look more than fine

Quick, somebody tell me not to buy rivet chinos in Cone denim:

Also considering French blue duck:

i have a good feeling you'd hate the fit unless you plan to make a total about-face with your jeans. epaulet's are cut fairly generously

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Maybe I don't have an appreciation for heritage stuff, but those jeans look awful to me :confused:

That's what makes them terrible, hilarious, and oddly intriguing: they're not jeans, they're denim chinos.

i have a good feeling you'd hate the fit unless you plan to make a total about-face with your jeans. epaulet's are cut fairly generously

I have other rivet chinos, and I like how they fit as chinos, if that makes sense, which is how I would (perhaps unsuccessfully) attempt to wear them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads