• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shaw Lapel not Black Tie

KlarkKent

Reaction score
Thoughts on this? I've been seeing it a lot lately. I first saw it on Jake Tapper moderating the debate and I thought his tailor just messed up... but apparently it's in fashion now.

To me, it's hideous.

1000038848.jpg

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wear shawl lapel on something that isn't a dinner jacket. Ok for a waistcoat, but not jacket.

Hₑighthere

Reaction score
I had Proper Cloth make me a single-breasted one in their 'cardigan-like' unstructured style. It has a very nice, gentle roll when worn open (assisted by a lowered buttoning point), since the widest point is lower than on a peak or notch lapel. That also helps to compensate for my narrow chest.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White Dinner Jacket may have a Shawl Lapel
tumblr_inline_pnjhtuRmmk1qeehb3_640.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Would you be willing to shop exclusively by appointment at your favorite stores?

• Yes, I prefer personalized service.

• No, I like to browse freely.

• Maybe, depending on the store.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gonldonl63