• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

thewodg

Reaction score
They actually look similar.

Enzo Argyle.

View attachment 2224923

Torino Havana 6.

View attachment 2224925

Havana 6 looks less speckled, especially on the front, not so yellow to me. Or do you mean the lenses?

Thanks! That's a helpful comparison.

My concern was the acetate, but I don't see a significant difference in color tone in those pics, just in the brightness/darkness of the acetate, which is fine with me.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase, I also have the Agar version and I find it to be the best one. Looking at the photos of the new colors online (Hickory, etc.), it seems to me that they might have slightly changed the shape... since you have both versions (the first version Agar and the second version Hickory), could you do a comparison? Maybe it's just in the photos, but I see the new versions as slightly different in design.

The two frames look identical in the measurements and shape to me.

1000002420.jpg
1000002418.jpg

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
I found a lovely pair of JMM Kellerman in Argyle in Japan about 6 months ago and they are some of the best glasses I’ve ever had. I’m looking to get another pair, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions on the Vendome…would it be too similar in size/shape? Thanks!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dealans Clear/blue lenses. Love the combo.
View attachment 2224975
Nice - we must have similar tastes. Your Oceanics are similar to my Cortez. I wrote above that I’m steadily weeding out a lot of my rarely-worn non JMMs but I do have a pair of Oliver Peoples West Cabrillo which are similar to your Dealans with clear chunky acetate frames and blue lenses . I got them before discovering JMM but I love the combo (with titanium temple ends) so I reckon I’ll be keeping these.
IMG_0063.jpeg

_AMD

Reaction score
How often do they re-release the Enzo? Or, asked another way, what are the chances that the Enzo will be re-released?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How often do they re-release the Enzo? Or, asked another way, what are the chances that the Enzo will be re-released?

Chances are high, as the Enzo is among their iconic and most successful frames.

I haven't counted them, but I believe that the number of Enzo's releases are only second to Dealan's.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ichikawa Noir with original demo lenses.

1000002384.jpg
1000002385.jpg

It was a cloudy day and I just wore them as though they were opticals.

Wanting finally to turn them into sunglasses. Has anyone here pictures of theirs with custom lenses?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lupin 3