• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor man’s watch ? 3600 Euros.

We already had this discussion: of course, strictly seen, it's not a poor man's watch, but 3,600€ is also a price that almost anyone can pay.

It seems to me appropriate to talk such watches here rather than in the main watch thread where they are snubbed and disdained and only the usual known brands and models get interest.

I think that, especially right now, there are a lot of nice and interesting watches beyond Rolex, Patek and Cartier.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rather attracted by this Longines Conquest (champagne dial) 38mm. I saw it yesterday next to the 41mm version and I really appreciated its reduced size.

Screenshot (2014).png
Screenshot (2015).png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor man’s watch ? 3600 Euros.

While definitely not a "poor man's watch" (and well more than I would pay for that, I'm comfortable with it being posted here. I think we get better, more interesting discussions in this thread than in the TWAT thread. I like checking in there on occasion but that thread has a tendency to turn into an insufferable Rolex/Patek/VC/AP circle jerking quite often.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Depending on how this ends up looking and feeling in person, it could be an absolute steal.

IMG_9415.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously I lean towards sports watches. Here is the entirety of my PMW collection:

IMG_9968.jpeg

Left to right
Seiko Mod project (automatic)

Seastern homage / copy / clone of Doxa 600T (automatic)

Seiko PADI (solar)

Victorinox Maverick chronograph (quartz)

Belmoto Track Day (quartz)

Pulsar (quartz - inherited from my Dad - wafer thin, goes nice with black tie!)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not fond of those numerals, otherwise I would seriously consider this Antarctic with eggshell dial.

View attachment 2218061

The font on those numerals just looks.... off. But like you, I think that is otherwise a pretty sharp looking watch.

Nivada has had some pretty interesting releases over the past couple of years but ultimately there's usually been one design feature on each that has kept me from pulling the trigger. I would be interested in seeing some IRL photos of this one though as maybe those numerals wont be quite so jarring in the non-marketing shots.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda like it, though like you, I'd rather see some real world pics.

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lupin 3

Votes: 6 18.8%