• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread

lychyrychy

Reaction score
Below is my monk strap pair that I pulled the trigger on about 2 months ago. It was on sales for 196 euros which was 270 bucks shipping included. Initial impression was that the leather was surprisingly soft but a little thin. They shine well with a polish using Allen Edmonds polishing cream.

Usage: I took them on my overseas trip to Thailand and Vietnam. My trip was about a little over 2 weeks. I polished them once, wore them through LAX and walked around Bangkok and Hanoi almost every day. I would say I put a good 8 to 10 hours of wear per day for about 12 days. Initially I put socks in the shoes in place of shoe trees but eventually did not. They held up quite well for the abuse I put them through.

Also, they did hurt my feet a bit but broke in nicely and now fit very well.

IMG00454-20120120-0836.jpg

Last edited:

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same model and the same experience. Took me a couple of wears to get them settled to my foot, now they're a dream.

ncdobson

Reaction score
Below is my monk strap pair that I pulled the trigger on about 2 months ago. It was on sales for 196 euros which was 270 bucks shipping included. Initial impression was that the leather was surprisingly soft but a little thin. They shine well with a polish using Allen Edmonds polishing cream.
Usage: I took them on my overseas trip to Thailand and Vietnam. My trip was about a little over 2 weeks. I polished them once, wore them through LAX and walked around Bangkok and Hanoi almost every day. I would say I put a good 8 to 10 hours of wear per day for about 12 days. Initially I put socks in the shoes in place of shoe trees but eventually did not. They held up quite well for the abuse I put them through.
Also, they did hurt my feet a bit but broke in nicely and now fit very well.

Thanks for the review.

SHS

Reaction score
Has anyone tried their 206 last? It should be a little more "roomy" than the 199.

Galen

Reaction score
Yes. I have one pair in the 199 last and one in the 206 last. For my feet the 206 is a bit more roomy, but not much.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a few members have recently been trying out this newer brand of shoes I thought it was time to create a thread specifically to show and discuss the brand.
To start, here's a link to a disection of the shoe, which tells you a lot about the construction/quality http://depiedencap.eu/spip.php?article147 You can use google or bing translate if you don't read french.
I'll try to keep some sizing information on this header post as well if you forward it to me via pm. It should be pretty simple as they only do a limited number of lasts.
And here's the first pics.
Model Alphonse on the 199 Last - Custom Patina

French trans ex Google from the Depiedencap deconstruction:

In summary, we have to do to a shoe, built to current industry practices, with as good: a first mounting full-grain leather, leather ends sub (not salpa), a good quality of leather used for the upper and the lining, cutting work, and trimming of the tapping rod in good order. However, there is no finishing work like roulette (with slipcase or welts).
Finally, it should be remembered that the shoe has not been dismantled drawn at random from the stock offered to customers, and the default voltage of sewing dots is still distressing.

I am pretty concerned about the roulettes, and the default voltage of the dots upsets me.
plain.gif

thx for this thread Gdot, I love the look of some of the finishes! How have u found the durability of the shoes, and especially of the finish?

When I fist read about SL I wondered whether the finishes would last ...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

French trans ex Google from the Depiedencap deconstruction:

In summary, we have to do to a shoe, built to current industry practices, with as good: a first mounting full-grain leather, leather ends sub (not salpa), a good quality of leather used for the upper and the lining, cutting work, and trimming of the tapping rod in good order. However, there is no finishing work like roulette (with slipcase or welts).
Finally, it should be remembered that the shoe has not been dismantled drawn at random from the stock offered to customers, and the default voltage of sewing dots is still distressing.

I am pretty concerned about the roulettes, and the default voltage of the dots upsets me.:plain: thx for this thread Gdot, I love the look of some of the finishes! How have u found the durability of the shoes, and especially of the finish?
. When I fist read about SL I wondered whether the finishes would last ..
not sure i understand the bolded parts. imo the french do not mess with their finishings. this is their bread and butter. construction is likely on a mid tier industrial standard hence the price bracket.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is an old picture I have of the soles. 206 on the left. Both shoes squeeze my pinky toe on the side

completely different shape. pinky toe is a common issue with rtw shoes. see your cobbler and have them stretched. this works.

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure i understand the bolded parts. imo the french do not mess with their finishings. this is their bread and butter. construction is likely on a mid tier industrial standard hence the price bracket.

I couldn't understand them either. Bad translation.
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quote:
I couldn't understand them either. Bad translation.
smile.gif
ah, i missed the joke :D you've got an invitation...

SHS

Reaction score

Yes. I have one pair in the 199 last and one in the 206 last. For my feet the 206 is a bit more roomy, but not much.

This is an old picture I have of the soles. 206 on the left. Both shoes squeeze my pinky toe on the side

Thank you Galen. Do you think it would have helped if you had gone a size up, or would they have been too big?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics