• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread

Doctsakititoy

Reaction score
I am in Madrid and I visited the SL store at Claudio Coello only to find it not there! Has their Madrid store closed shop or just relocated? Can anybody enlighten me on their present Madrid location, if any? Thanks!

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice color choice. I have a similar blue patina on a pair of SLs. Is that their newest last? Any comments on its fit? Thanks

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was only one location when I visited Paris 4 or so years ago on Rue Saint Lazare so I assume that is the original and best to visit.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

There was only one location when I visited Paris 4 or so years ago on Rue Saint Lazare so I assume that is the original and best to visit.

That boutique is less than a 10 minute drive from where I'm going so I'll check it out if I have time.

Thanks.

andrel42

Reaction score
Hmmm ... yes the Dizzy was (when I ordered) a new shoe which fits my regular 9.5 UK with a comfortable width and for a reasonable EUR 275 + 75 for the patina. I ordered directly from the St Lazare shop when in Paris a few months back; and very happy !

robmanela

Reaction score
So I am getting mixed reviews on the sizing of this shoes I own merman shoes and the size 7 UK is a perfect fit what doe the SL 199 last fit compared to that and also the 224 last how would that fit?

SidewinderX

Reaction score
So I am getting mixed reviews on the sizing of this shoes I own merman shoes and the size 7 UK is a perfect fit what doe the SL 199 last fit compared to that and also the 224 last how would that fit?

With Meermin I am comfortably a 9UK (*slightly* loose, but comfortable). With the SL 199 last, I have a pair of 8.5UK. They were tight at first, but have gotten comfortable after a dozen wears or so. I find the the SL shoes to be stiffer, especially at first, which made the first wear or two uncomfortable by the end of the day. At this point, however, they fit well. They still feel tighter than my meermin 9UKs (a boot in Olfe and oxfords in Park).

mct358

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my recent visit to the shop in Paris. I was traveling on long distance so I chose to spend a day in Paris and get myself a pair of 'raw calf' double monks...those shoes I took to Mr. Paulus Bolten for Patina. I'll picture those later.

Patina: Miro loafer normal stiching

Patina: Miro REVERSE stiching

Last 199 Double Monks, 1/2 Grained
http://www.septiemelargeur.fr/en/pa...charles-12-graine-forme-199.html#/uk_homme-75

Random pics around the shop

Norweger stitching for winter.

This bag looked so sweet and spacious....You will not guess the price :)

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Just got my pair of burgundy and black suede double monks... maybe the flashiest pair of shoes I own now haha. It helps that they were on their winter sale and ended up being under $200 shipped to the US. Only took about a week to the west coast!

Some photos of the new pair with my black adelaides that I got when I visited the store in Paris. Both on the 199 last.

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
@SidewinderX

Nice ones! I'm actually looking at the burgundy monks myself. Can you comment on the fit? I heard that the 199 last is on the narrower side and I'm torn if I should size up or not. I wear the following sizes:

Carmina Oscar 7.5UK
Loake Cannon 7.5UK
Herring 024 7.5UK
Meermin Hiro 7.5UK
Sanders KEN 7.5UK
Loake Swing 7UK

Should I go up to a size 8? The Sanders and Herrings fit a touch wide, the Oscar last on the other hand is the best fitting.

Thanks!

mct358

Reaction score

@SidewinderX

Nice ones! I'm actually looking at the burgundy monks myself. Can you comment on the fit? I heard that the 199 last is on the narrower side and I'm torn if I should size up or not. I wear the following sizes:

Carmina Oscar 7.5UK

Loake Cannon 7.5UK

Herring 024 7.5UK

Meermin Hiro 7.5UK

Sanders KEN 7.5UK

Loake Swing 7UK

Should I go up to a size 8? The Sanders and Herrings fit a touch wide, the Oscar last on the other hand is the best fitting. 

Thanks! 

I have the 199 in double monks. When i tried them on i actually chose the same (or even EU1/2 sz smaller, cause they didnt have half EUsizes) than normal. The last felt narrow but for some reason i think the actually shoe is tint bit longer so the narrow part didnt come to effect. I chose 45 which is either uk 10,5 or 11 in Grenson, alfred sargents, vass, loake

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads