• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread

Agrajag

Reaction score
I'm looking for some chukkas, but can't decide which ones to go for. Does anyone here own shoes/boots in the SL 198 last SL 198 last and the Meermin hiro last? Would love to see a comparison....

The Septieme Largeur looks slightly more elegant, but at considerably higher price and a leather sole. Which is less than ideal in Norway...

Sergey

Reaction score
I wear AE shoes (108, 511 last) 8,5D size, Carmina Forest in 7,5 EE (average width Carminas shoes).
Gentlemen, please give me advice about the size of SL SMITH 7505 and JOFFRE 199, 206 E or 224 last.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving loafers. About 4 years old. I don't wear as often as I should.

Staffer18283

Reaction score
How does the leather hold up for these shoes for folks who have owned them for a while ?

Percy Trimmer

Reaction score
I think my rather unhelpful answer is that it depends how good it was in the first place.

I have four pairs of SLs which I wear regularly. Three are some of my most comfortable shoes and have held up very well. The fourth from the start creased the way cheaper shoes with poor leather do. I should probably have returned them.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat similar experience. I own three pairs. Very happy with leather quality of two of them and a bit disappointed in the third.

The leather of the drivers in my photo is very good for the price IMHO.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no experience, sorry. if you email them, they are very helpful...sometimes it takes them a couple days to respond, but always do.

Mark Lee Jin Yi

Reaction score
@BlackTalon

Hi! Your shoes are absolutely stunning, could i know what colours were mixed? i'm thinking of ordering a pair and i would like them just like this:)

Cheers!

Last edited:

BlackTalon

Reaction score
I didn't specify the exact colours per se. All I did was tell Lucas (shop owner of the branch in Singapore) that I wanted a dark brown with lighter streaks of colour variations. I think he mixed like 3-4 colours though.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Mark Lee Jin Yi

Reaction score
@BlackTalon oh you are in Sg too? I'll be purchasing them here as well;) jacky is the one doing the patina I think and he does a damn fine job! Prices are slightly higher than in Paris though. I study in the UK but I have been reluctant to order online because of sizing issues.. Great to know another shoe enthusiast in Singapore!

taylorswift

Reaction score
What size do I have in SL (last 199) if I perfectly fit a pair of UK9 meermin shoes in Olfe last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads