• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread

dron

Reaction score
I actually think they might do it.

on another note. boots are tough to break in. I've been wearing my moissacs almost exclusively for about two weeks and they're still stiff as a very stiff thing. and they eat shoelaces for breakfast.

Understatement

Reaction score
I have UK 7,5 in Carmina Inca Last and also 7,5 in EG 888. In Loafers and driving shoes im a 7 uk. what size should I get in the 198 Last uk 7 or 7,5? Left foot is 26,5 cm, right foot about 26,3 cm.

What do you recommend?

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has questions regarding the shape of the last (from a top down view), there is a helpful link on their website. I didn't realize it was there until Victor of SL pointed it out.

http://www.septiemelargeur.fr/last-w725-en.html

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to check this out in Paris next month. What's their signature shoe?
I would say their signature is the custom patinas. They will have a lot of examples in the store. I have a dark navy custom patina in the works right now.

erikiksaz

Reaction score
My custom patina rennan's are in!

I had to take two pictures, my camera phone kinda sucks, so the burgundy coloration doesn't show through unless I enable flash.

Here's the weird thing, though. These initially were stuck in transit for a little over a month. A week into the mess, I wanted to order Joffre's with a custom patina as well. When I was notified that my first order shipped, I was expecting the Joffre's, but someone they ended up being these. That I find odd because my size-tested raw rennan's didn't make it back to france for at least 2 weeks AFTER I ordered the joffre, yet the rennan still came first. Weird. But hell, don't care. One pair is better than none, hah.

erikiksaz

Reaction score
I actually had a chance to test out the fit prior to finalizing the patina order (there are no returns on custom patina shoes).

I typically wear 7.0UK in normal width shoes, but can also fit 6.5UK (albeit with a slightly snug fit unless they're wider). I was told to try the 6.5UK in the rennan due to the 205 last. In this instance the 6.5 fits just fine.

But, when ordering the Joffre, which I think was last 199, I was instructed to size up to 7UK. Those shoes will be coming in the next few days so I will update with the fit.

azumi

Reaction score
These shoes look beautiful in that color (like oxblood), but a little bit purplish, maybe because of the flash. Congratulations.

erikiksaz

Reaction score
These shoes look beautiful in that color (like oxblood), but a little bit purplish, maybe because of the flash. Congratulations.

Hah yeah, the purplish is secondary to the flash. I don't have any incandescent lighting here, all the stupid fluorescent lighting really takes the depth of colors out of the pictures.

Last edited:

erikiksaz

Reaction score

These shots were taken with my HTC One, so the shots are much truer to color. The rennan's are oxblood, whereas the Joffre's on the blog looked much more black with a hint of oxblood, but ended up being pretty purplish-burgundy. So if you do expect near black/oxblood, I'd mention it to them to make sure it's dark.

Otherwise, using saphir black crème and saphir black polish on the joffres really brought out the rich darker burgundy, especially on the toe cap (which only became that color after 1 hour of straight polishing). I won't rush the rest of the shoe, I'll just let it naturally darken over the next few months worth of polishing.

As for the rennan, I did a half black crème/polish and half neutral crème/polish, I didn't want to upset the color balance too much as I like it where it is.

The larger last of the rennan has lent itself to much larger creases over the toes, though, even though they fit well. There's just more volume over my toes compared to the joffres. Shame I didn't realize this earlier, could have purchased insoles to fill up the space to prevent the creases. Oh well, now I know.

Last edited:

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First spin in these custom patina

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads