• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIH07 - BORN TUFF

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
it was more like

look at jeans
eh.gif

look closer
eh.gif
eh.gif

look at me
plain.gif

I know those looks. Sensing your tailor is a little Korean woman, say, about 65?

Why not just have Kiya chainstitch hem? They do a great job. It's amazing A) how many tailors I've dealt with get confused when dealing with selvage denim and B) can wreck a simple hem job.

Hell, my current tailor (+rep) is only just getting around to understanding the reasoning for why I send out for a chainstitch hem. And he does dozens of jeans a week.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mexican, probably around 55.

i'm too impatient to send them back for chainstitch and too indecisive to have it done before i get them.

i'm glad to have them back. they fit perfectly now.

anybody having any leg twist? the selvedge line on my left leg is nearly at the front of my foot.

aypeeone

Reaction score
anybody having any leg twist? the selvedge line on my left leg is nearly at the front of my foot.

My left leg has a tiny bit of twist also, it sits at maybe between the 10 and 11 oclock position. No real biggie though, still loving them

Racove

Reaction score
I am considering sizing up if anyone wants to make a decent offer for a sold out pair of 33s in indigo. Soaked but unworn. Should measure exactly the same as the SE blacks pair.

If not I'll just keep them. Great fit but I wanted something a bit more relaxed (boot friendly) with this pair.

Fiddy

Reaction score
In for a pair of the BK's. Will be sure to throw up some fit pics when they arrive...

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mexican, probably around 55.

i'm too impatient to send them back for chainstitch and too indecisive to have it done before i get them.

i'm glad to have them back. they fit perfectly now.

Understood. Heheh.

Leg twist - sign of really good denim...

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

i just dropped them off. the conversation i had about the initial hem was like x10 when i was trying to explain the overdye to them and the thread being different colors.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

oh well. i'm rocking a cuff on these and i didn't like the black on black look for it. plus, i think it'll help when they turn blue in like 30 years
laugh.gif

Racove

Reaction score
Is this denim essentially a 19/21 oz version of the 21/23 oz denim used in the IH 634SR?
Are there any worn/faded pics of that denim? Searched but couldn't find any

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads