• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kedu by Memo again today.

Pretty heavy on the mandarin, grapefruit and neroli in the front which mellows out into a slightly musky, floral scent with some of the mate tea in there as well. One of my favorites for when the sun is out.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tom Ford London. It's a sweaty, dark spicy oud scent. As I say every time I wear this, it's one of the most underappreciated scents in the TF lineup.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fazzolari Lampblack. This is really good. I find myself wanting to wear vetiver scents less and less, except my vintage Guerlain EdC, but I've been reaching for this pretty often. There's an ink note, which I like, and it get's very soft and maybe a little floral after the opening. I haven't tried Encre Noir, but I understand that one is also inky, so maybe they're similar.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maison Margiela Lipstick On. I enjoy this a lot. It's a classic makeup scent, with a waxy lipstick note along with a ricey, powdery violet.

Because I enjoyed this so much, my gf of girlfriend got me samples of some of the other scents in the Margiela Replica series.

Jazz Club: This is a dark, richly vanilla sweet tobacco scent with a note that Margiela describes as rum. It's very broadly in the ballpark of Pure Malt, except that Jazz Club is sweeter and less aggressive.

Beach Walk: Just what the name suggests. It's a salty, musky scent that opens with sharp citrus and pink pepper. But the most prominent note from beginning through dry down is coconut, which of course is reminiscent of suntan lotion. Definitely more appropriate for summer.

I enjoy both of these, but Lipstick On is still my favorite of the series.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fougere Royale by Houbigant today. Exactly what it sounds like, a very bright, green, herbaceous scent. Very bright and citrusy in the front but fairly quickly, the drydown brings out the herbs, moss and fern-like notes.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maison Margiela Lipstick On. I enjoy this a lot. It's a classic makeup scent, with a waxy lipstick note along with a ricey, powdery violet.

Now, I don't have a problem wearing feminine scents, but this sounds just a tad too feminine.

Today I am wearing Tauer's Au Coeur du Desert.

I bought a bottle of Interlude Man for my birthday.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone? I mean if you're interested, shoot me an offer. Basically 100+ samples of various things for around $1-1.5/sample. Happy to pass this along and let someone else enjoy these. Shoot me a PM with an offer!

Alrighty gents... I've got a proposal for ya:

So here's the deal. I do a lot of shopping and browsing around stores and ordering online and have piles and piles of samples. I've tested out everything and kept a few, but most of them I've put into a box. At this point there's an easy 50 niche/indy and 50 designer, and it's probably more like 75 of each, more or less. Some are 1ml, some are 2-3ml, but the point is it's a big box with about 100-150ml of 100-150 various scents to try and enjoy and I can guarantee there will be at least some interesting and unusual ones in there. I intend to add quite a few from my personal collection as well, the "good stuff" as they say.

Because I'm all done with these samples, and I'm running out of space, and I'm about to move countries, and because I'm cash strapped (ok that last point isn't your problem)... but most importantly becuase it's a great group of stories/adventures that I'd like to pass along to someone, I'm offering this for sale. Yes yes, many of these were 'free' for me, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth anything, and of course the samples from my collection too are pretty nice.

So I'm offering this big ol' box of samples for sale to one lucky person. Think of it as 100-150ml of various scents, like one big bottle. What would you pay for a single nice bottle of fragrance? Now what would you pay for 100-150 samples? Even $1-3 each? Many of these are $3-5 per sample.

So I haven't really fully thought about the asking price but if you're interested in the idea and want the box, shoot me over a PM and we can work it out. Ballpark I'm thinking something around say $130-150, which is like $1 per sample and that seems pretty reasonable to me. But whatever, let me know if you want this mystery box and it's yours! I only have one.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I am wearing Lutens Fille en Aiguilles, which should be the official fragrance of Christmas.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Costume National Homme today, exactly what it says it is, a man's scent.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday: Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile. It's a bright, tangy, happy rose. Definitely on the feminine side, but I don't have that hetero-cis-masculinist prejudice to me so I'm okay. :)

Today: Santal Blush. A warm, somewhat funky spicy sandalwood. It's among my favorite sandalwoods. (Dries van Noten is probably my favorite sandalwood. Or if we count Bois des Iles as a sandalwood scent, then that's definitely in the running too.)

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Great choice ! Altough, it does not last long in my skin. How's the experience of the others users? I may try the intension version on a next purchase, though.
Smell the EdT, Intense, and Parfum first. They all smell pretty different, like a 30-40% difference in terms of smell between them. Regular is soft and powdery and talc/wax, intense is more chocolaty and warm, and parfum is dense and leathery. Never had any longevity issues with any of them, they're solid performers for me.
My rotation right now is an Aventus clone for daily wear.
Lomani? SOTD is Lalique. I think it's 'White'. The ram head picture. Actually quite a pleasant easy to wear warm powdery scent. Sort of like a classic barbershop vibe without the spices. A little generic but quite pleasant actually. I wouldn't say to rush out to test or buy it, but it's very competent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads