• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes on it being Geoffrey Beene, but no on it being "Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel". I thought it was just Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel, and did not realize he came out with an "Geoffrey Beene Au De Grey Flannel" in the mid 90's which is a totally different scent. Not a bad scent, just very different.

I love the original Grey Flannel; the strong lavender/powder scent is somehow very romantically masculine, I've had a lot of positive comments on it. I'm surprised your wife hated it! It IS a strong distinct scent, though....but very classic.

Omega Man

Reaction score
MPG - Racine for me today in the Great White North. Sunny and a bit humid, perfect for this scent IMHO.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lutens Arabie for me today; a friend sent some to me saying it was just wonderful and so I thought I'd give it another try (didn't like it the first time). But, I'm having the same response I've had to nearly every Lutens... it's still just TOO much. I get dates and almonds and something syrupy... I feel like a rubbed a Danish all over myself.

If I can scour this stuff off before this evening, I've got Helmut Lang edc on deck.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Lutens Arabie for me today; a friend sent some to me saying it was just wonderful and so I thought I'd give it another try (didn't like it the first time). But, I'm having the same response I've had to nearly every Lutens... it's still just TOO much. I get dates and almonds and something syrupy... I feel like a rubbed a Danish all over myself.
(...)

crackup[1].gif
Good one.

I'm going with L'Autre today, a Saturday morning at the office. Arrg.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jean Pascal pour Homme today. INterestesting because it's pouring rain right now in Los Angeles.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday and it's a beautiful day! I'll be wearing Creed's Bois du Portugal:)

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Sunday and it's a beautiful day! I'll be wearing Creed's Bois du Portugal:)

Slept in this morning and so haven't spritzed yet. But, BdP sounds like an excellent idea! Put me down for that one, too!

Btw, have you ever tried the little-known Creed goodie Bois de Santal? It's really quite wonderful. I just wish it weren't so hard to find (I don't even think Creed puts it on their website).

hayzum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I never waste my Aoud on just anybody...

That is true but it is a special month hence the indulgence.

rach2jlc & Dmax which would you rate higher between the Black Aoud, Royal Aoud and Attar?

A pensive mood calls for something similar - Reflection Man.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swann
I am wearing Eau de Hermès, perfect for a nice, sunny autumn day imho.

I'm jealous; I used up the last of my Eau d'Hermes a few months back. It's really a wonderful scent and a true classic.

I decided to go mainstream today with Emporio Armani He White. This is one of my favorite "nonstinky" scents; it is fresh and crisp, but has the addition of white musk and something synthetic in there that makes it feel very 21st century. I don't like much Armani (except the fragrances from the Prive line, which are wonderful), but I do like some of the Emporio offerings.

Hayzum, I personally like the Black aoud, but they're all quite nice and it just depends on your mood. If you like something a little crisper/brighter, Aoud Lime is pretty neat as well.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Since it's allegedly fall and all that, I'm going with a comfortable, non-threatening, sweater-weather scent: Hermes Rocabar. Makes me think of homemade fruitcake (heavy on the fruit, rum, and bourbon) and a fireplace, which is about right for the cool, crisp 71-degree morning today.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Strangely enough, Rocabar has taken a turn towards Cuiron in the drydown. Never noticed this before. Wowsers! What a pleasant surprise! So much for hoarding my meager store of Cuiron.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random grab from the sample box today produced 1.2ml spray of Caron L'Anarchiste. Not a fan so far. Smells of cloves, metal, musk and vetiver; with everything but the cloves having some sort of synthetic quality to it. I guess I like "warmer" stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads