• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I am wearing La Via del Profumo Tabac.

papillo

Reaction score
Wearing Kilian's Musk Oud. This is some strong stuff, no more than a couple of sprays is more than enough.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am wearing Frederic Malle Une Rose today. It's probably been six years since I've worn this. I enjoyed it then, but I'm enjoying it even more now. I'd always noted the sharpness and fruitiness, but I'm picking up the honey a lot more this time.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winter is on and Amber Absolute is out. What a sillage/projection bomb. One spray and it's ever present on the brink of cloying.

On TF, someone seen the 2016 Reserve release of Bois Marocain? Is it worth the admission (on LS 50ml @$330 or 100ml @$450 is no joke)?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

On TF, someone seen the 2016 Reserve release of Bois Marocain? Is it worth the admission (on LS 50ml @$330 or 100ml @$450 is no joke)?

Jesus, really? About a year ago I got a bottle of the original off of eBay for $150 or so. It's a very good fragrance and apparently the Moroccan cedar component was the too-expensive reason why it was discontinued.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, I've been out of the retail game for a while but seems all the brands have done some major price bumps. about 3 years ago we were selling Fords for $225 CAD so like $175 USD more or less. I remember they went up a bit to $235 which at the time was about $190-200 USD or something.

I think I caught a picture of the Bois Morocain and it's got that solid gold physical plaque instead of sticker so maybe it's more concentrated or something?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So today I wore Bois Marocain, so I could feel like a big-timer.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good for you. I opened a bottle of Sullivans Cove American Oak. ;p

Last edited:

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I wore Imaginary Authors - Cape Heartache. I describe this as Slumberhouse - Jeke 'light', less the dark, foreboding forests of Bavaria and more the clean, crisp forests of coastal Maine.

Like Jeke, Cape Heartarche has an undertone of fruit, designed, apparently, to invoke nostalgia. The strawberry here isn't green or fresh, it's a syrupy, sickly strawberry found in jam or sweets.

The whole thing is akin to chewing strawberry bubblegum while walking through the woods. If this sounds odd - it is! - but the contrast is addictive

Sillage is poor but the fragrance was still there, as a skinscent, into the next day.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't been a big fan of the Imaginary Authors line. The one I kind of liked was Cobra and Canary.

Tonight I am wearing Vero Onda extrait.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today, for the Old Year, I am wearing Knize Ten.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I wore thirteen year old Mysore sandalwood oil.
This evening I am wearing La Via del Profumo Casablanca - a jasmine and tobacco fragrance. I really like this one.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So past couple of days I worked through a sample of Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot. It hit me that it reminded me exactly of Demeter's Oud, which I could never get my head around, but since they're a similar type of oud smell, I know it must be something real.... I'm really just a beginner on oud so maybe you guys can help me understand the type?

I know there's a warm oily nutty smooth type of oud like Tom Ford's Oud Wood. Then there's a dry stinky cuminy powder style like Oud Fleur or L'artisan Al Oudh or Diptyque Oud Paleo, then I've smelled a sweet pissy smokey oud like in Dior Oud Leather (maybe it was the leather smoke I was getting, not oud?) and Zegna's Indonesian Oud, then I've smelled a smokey hollow dry wood type note like Kilian's Oud series, and I have Mona Di Orio's Oud which is also sort of warm and smooth with some funk...

but these two, the Malone and Demeter were different. They smelled like some sort of waxy polished wooden floor or something. Fairly sharp, chemical. My best description is still an oily chemical wood like old furniture and wax and polish etc. Maybe like a mahogany or something? Do you guys know what I mean?

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I wore Rochas Lui, a fantastic rich fragrance in an eau de cologne style - it could easily be a flanker of Aqua di Parma Colonia.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobynBroadway