• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread

ergo21

Reaction score
These are just a dream for me but it might take some saving! I already have two pairs of santoni and they are just unparalleled in comfort. I have a double monk with goodyear welted sole in suede and a deerskin lace up with a convenient rubber gripped sole. I see most of you guys are in the US but i got mine from Robert Old's in the UK.

http://www.robertold.co.uk/santoni-shoes-wing-tip-brogues-brown.html

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry for instagram-ified images.
Love these - remind me of some Ballys I covet.
Hello Gentlemen, I like Santoni for the good ratio quality/price but sometimes there going crazy in design and finally my special one with a formal suit very nice to wear
It is like Italian décor where they mix something totally out of era/classical vibe with something ultramodern and get away with it. You would ask yourself what could you wear with those shoes and then your wear something very conservative and suddenly you get away with the statement. Bravissimo!

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those cheetah ones are pretty wild...the last reminds me of the Deco...

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are just a dream for me but it might take some saving! I already have two pairs of santoni and they are just unparalleled in comfort. I have a double monk with goodyear welted sole in suede and a deerskin lace up with a convenient rubber gripped sole. I see most of you guys are in the US but i got mine from Robert Old's in the UK. http://www.robertold.co.uk/santoni-shoes-wing-tip-brogues-brown.html
Spamming http://www.styleforum.net/t/71711/best-made-in-scotland-cashmere/75#post_7251555 http://www.styleforum.net/t/394118/crockett-jones-whats-the-big-deal/45#post_7251559

dmoney90

Reaction score
I used to love my santonis but they are so hard to find now

heres my 2 pairs

IMAG0635.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg
saw these yesterday at nordstrom rack for $130, is that a good price? what did you pay for yours?

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those aren't my style at all but I really appreciate the craftsmanship that went into those. They look fantastic.
Santoni Limited Edition Single-monk

dmoney90

Reaction score
what a dick
Sorry I wasn't trying to sound like a dick. I honestly don't know anything about shoes and thought I saw these at the rack on sale. I'm going back today to see if they were these exact shoes, but from the sound of it they probably weren't these shoes.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry I wasn't trying to sound like a dick. I honestly don't know anything about shoes and thought I saw these at the rack on sale. I'm going back today to see if they were these exact shoes, but from the sound of it they probably weren't these shoes. 

My apologies. I took your comment in a different (and incorrect) tone.

Hope you find some nice Santonis at the Rack. They do vary greatly in their quality. Most Nordstroms only carry the mid level quality that they over price, but you can get lucky.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Yeah doubt they were Goodyears or fatte a Mano but if they are lace ups and brown definitely worth buying for $130. My guess is they are rubber soles so probably $495 to $550 at nordstroms. Far from cheap but still lower end for santoni. The shoes you compared them to above are probably much pricier...but then maybe you found a hidden gem. Take some pictures if you buy to post.

For me most loafers and some rubber soled Santonis are too narrow at my size, 13D. But then some loafers like a pair of Tahoes I saw at Rack last week fit like a glove. I didn't buy since were still higher than I wanted to pay for a shoe I already have a style in. But their higher end lace ups fit like a glove, absolutely love them. I wish these were at the Rack more often, seems they were several years ago but less recently.

Last edited:

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Loads of Santoni for sale.  All priced around $299 including FAM & GY welted.  A lot of ugly stuff, but some gems for the right size feet. Looks legit to me...others can way in with their opinion.  

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Mens-Shoes-/93427/m.html?item=161065014467&_ssn=sarafsaraf&_nkw&_from=R40&replaceid=20352437011&_sop=10&_geositeid=0&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH

I think the consensus was that sansaraf was the real thing. That he had discovered "The Source".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics