• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread

loveartioli

Reaction score
There has been a general absence of Santoni on Styleforum, as the company exited the US Market nearly 2 years ago.

However, they made, and still make some great shoes. The higher end Santoni shoes were often described as decadent. Yes, decadent.

Let me start the thread:

Santoni for Dunhill in Shell Cordovan

Anyone else have any favorites?
Wonderful shoes with norvegese welt,it should be the top-line of FAMs

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Been cleaning up (polishing) a few shoes of late with the snow/salt winter finally behind us. Figured I'd post the Santoni's here.

The first is a Santoni Quentin brown pair, blake rapid construction, initially randomly picked up a pair of these in Black at the Rack and loved them so sought out the brown pair via Ebay some time later.

Next pair is a Santoni Oxford burgundy pair I recently bought new on ebay, though I believe they were constructed back in '08 or so based on some google research. These are bologna constructed, initially posted a few pics of them upon purchasing last month at some point here.

Last pair is a black Santoni Patrick loafer. These get more wear than the other two, mainly cause loafers are simply easy shoes to wear. The laceups fit me much better though, like gloves, and its shoes like the Quentin that have not only turned me into a fan of Santonis but a fan of shoes in general.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this seems to be a quiet thread, but I thought I should ask - I came across santoni loafers with 'fatte a mano written' on a black serrated heel sock(They looked nicer than the orange sock FAMs, and similar to tan serrated sock fams). What like of Santoni's are the black serrated sock FAMs? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this seems to be a quiet thread, but I thought I should ask - I came across santoni loafers with 'fatte a mano written' on a black serrated heel sock(They looked nicer than the orange sock FAMs, and similar to tan serrated sock fams). What like of Santoni's are the black serrated sock FAMs? Thanks in advance!

it's better to show some pictures
happy.gif

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there a difference in quality between the Tristan (top photo) and the Patrick (lower photo)?

SA0064_BLK_CF_01.JPG

t_21668.jpg

Thanks in advance!

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the first is their FAM line which is better
the second,no personal experience, is suggested avoid in SF

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
congrats!

i have no experience with santoni's bologna shoes. could you post a pic of the sock/insole? many thanks!

i have a goodyear line santoni on its way, found on eaby also.though no plan to buy more shoes, the price is too great to pass ( around $150)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Bologna construction = no insole.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
I think the Tristan and Patrick are near identical in quality, even though former has the FAM sock. Nordstrom carries both online and are priced 715 and 695, respectively, from a quick check just now.

Patrick has a stitching design on the side near heel. My guess is Tristan has more polish finish or patina than the Patrick. Both have leather soles, looks like very similar stitch quality on the top. IMO both are much better quality than the cheaper rubber sole loafers Santoni sells in the US. By cheaper they still run over $400 so probably not the best adjective to describe the rubber soled offerings.

I own the Patrick in black and it's a great loafer. Bought it online awhile back. It will last for years.

rando

Reaction score
Any advice for Santoni sizing? The older threads I dug up usually people size 1/2 down.

Lexantium

Reaction score
Hello, can someone please help to identify this pair of Santoni's? Purchased them about 11 years ago in Rome, cannot find the model name anywhere.

Thank you in advance for your help!

JensenH

Reaction score

Is there a tell tale sign to distinguish between the 2? Thanks

FAM's have "fatte a mano" written on the insole (see the first picture of the shoe posted by mosy.) Regular Santoni's do not (second shoe picture.)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PatciaParat