• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cloonz

Reaction score
@bawlin

same 2 pieces i like, will try those jeans but would prefer more distressing near the hem

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not that bad tbh. The studded jeans are horrible along with some of the boots. I like knee blowout jeans the best but let's see if they look like that. If they do I'll buy a pair.

Prices look higher too. I hope that isn't the case for USA retail.

Last edited:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the ripped knee denim with the studs, but I tend to like jeans with reasonably subtle embellishments. The 5 zipper SLP denim from last fall is one of my favourite pairs of what I consider to be "evening" denim.

Isolar

Reaction score
Not quite as bad as I was expecting, though the misses seem to bring down the whole collection. That being said, some of the reworkings were pretty unimaginative or downright terrible. I'm sure it could get much worse though, if Vaccarello ever takes over menswear.

The Blood Luster biker is a "slouchy" fit—I don't like the sound of that…

For anyone eyeing a cafe racer, I happened to notice the site has a few stray sizes of this one left:

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...ther_cod40121926nk.html#section=men_permanent

Last edited:

mwn11

Reaction score
Its calf and looks like it has darker zippers etc. Also pretty sure the website doesn't update the picture of the L17 each season so that probably isn't a picture of the SS16 jacket. This is the front of the Bloodluster one and it looks darker but is "slouchy leather"?

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The collection is more street/sports wear. It's similar to what John Elliott makes so I can see why some like it and others don't. I'm a je fan so the collection can speak to me but I do expect some originality for the price.

Ranger44

Reaction score
I'm interested in that blood luster leather. but yeah, wtf is a slouchy fit on a biker?

If anything this jacket should be made to fit like glove.

Last edited:

Isolar

Reaction score
Decided to take advantage of a crisp fall day here, so I wore my FW15 velvet-trimmed "Allure" chesterfield (for the first time, actually) with the black and ivory cashmere sweater. I really love this coat. It fits me perfectly, it's exceptionally well-made from a heavy wool-twill, and you feel like a boss wearing it open while walking. It's going to serve me well these next few months.

Close-up of the velet trim. It's hard to do it justice in a photo. It sparkles in the light, and it is unbelievably soft.

Finally, I have to give some love to this sweater. It's the workhorse in my fall wordrobe. It's a fairly tight fit, so it sits well under pretty much anything. It is possible to get a shirt under it, providing it's cut slim and has high armholes—I mostly just wear a tee underneath though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics