• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cptspaulding666

Reaction score
Curious if you guys prefer to dry clean or wash your non raw distressed denim when the time comes for them to be cleaned.

Last edited:

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have a pair of SL/01H optic white high tops that I bought from Barney's on 2/10/2013 (according to my e-receipt) that I've never taken out of the plastic, let alone tried on or worn (3 small marks on the soles from the bags or from Barney's I presume). Is that something people would care about? I'm fairly certain that was Hedi's first season at Saint Laurent, but I'm not sure. I'm not trying to shill for my future listing, just wondering if it's information that's pertinent or that would make the pair more covetable.

Also, is there somewhere better than SF classified that would be better for me to list them? I never had the SLP aesthetic, and instead skipped from MMM straight to RO and now went full CM, so that's half of the reason why I never wore them.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I have a pair of SL/01H optic white high tops that I bought from Barney's on 2/10/2013 (according to my e-receipt) that I've never taken out of the plastic, let alone tried on or worn (3 small marks on the soles from the bags or from Barney's I presume). Is that something people would care about? I'm fairly certain that was Hedi's first season at Saint Laurent, but I'm not sure. I'm not trying to shill for my future listing, just wondering if it's information that's pertinent or that would make the pair more covetable.

Also, is there somewhere better than SF classified that would be better for me to list them? I never had the SLP aesthetic, and instead skipped from MMM straight to RO and now went full CM, so that's half of the reason why I never wore them.

Grailed would be your best bet.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have it in black in a 46 and it is a great piece. The gold buttons aren't overly shiny, which I think helps take it from being too preppy. For me the armholes were cut higher than that of my black single button peak lapel SL blazer, so I had the tailor at the store lower it slightly and it feels much better, less constricting.

SL will still be producing men's clothing
I had no idea that could be done. The arm holes are definitely cut higher in the 2 button notch lapel cut than the 3 button or the one button offerings from permanent collection. I have the classic black gabardine 2 button notch lapel blazer (not the one with gold buttons though), which is the same cut, and I went up to 50 due to the arm holes being so high that they were causing the upper arms to look pulled and ruffled with a shirt on in 48. I intend to have some alterations done (probably only some waist suppression and sleeve length), but I'm going to wear it a little more yet and see how it settles first.

BestThreshNA

Reaction score
Big thank you to everyone who chimed in on the boots recommendations. Looks like I'll be picking up black harness wyatts and black jodhpurs over the next few weeks. It's a tough decision between cropped and regular jodhpurs

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long slim legs look extra good in cropped jodhpurs but these are hard to rock if your proportions are not that perfect:

- these are effectively similar to women's booties where it is sort of where the entire boot is meant to be shown...this can cause a challenge because it visually shortens your leg if you are not careful

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cropped jodhpur boots look good on me luckily, and are the most complimented shoe I've ever owned. The regular jodhpur boots don't work for me at all, not that I mind as I prefer the Chelsea and side zip anyway. For me the jeans just hit them too high and make my legs look short, and feet look big like a golf club (I have size 45 feet and am reasonably slim at size 29). I do see people that make them work, quite often shorter people with smaller feet for some reason.

Looking at the menswear version of the womenswear Blake 40 jodhpur, it looks like the strap is lower than the strap on the high jodhpurs, so I think they'll probably work great. Another boot I'd really like to see offered with the low heel is the double buckle that was used on the French.

Menswear version is bottom left. I'd prefer them on the London last by a mile but I'll take what I can get.

Womenswear version:

jtj48

Reaction score
Emphasis on the "can" in "can look." From what I've seen, he looks that way no matter what boot he's wearing -- issue lies with more than just the boot.

Last edited:

niyengar

Reaction score

Emphasis on the "can" in "can look." From what I've seen, he looks that way no matter what boot he's wearing -- issue lies with more than just the boot.

i think it comes down to how skinny his jeans are -- I think most of his fits would be better with a slightly larger leg opening

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads