• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slpldr

Reaction score
So, we were discussing this subject a couple months ago, but this sounds plausible. Did you verify it somehow? Also, agree with you on the quality being pretty good under Vaccarello.
Personally purchased items from MrPorter, Yoox and so on that looked like they had manufacturing defects, were returned , repackaged and sold again. Not every item from there was like that, but some discounted were. Also, encountered very SLP, Celine items on VC with clear manufacturing defects, like damaged studs, brand label attached with the shift, missing or misplaced washtag, etc.

InternationaI

Reaction score
Has anyone compared the quality of FromTheFirst Chain Harness Boots compared to Saint Laurents? The Black leather Wyatts with the chain on the front of the harness specifically (FW14 and 15 I believe) It's been difficult trying to find any above a US9 on reseller sites and those that are selling them are doing so $500+ above the original retail price.

widone

Reaction score
Does 2023fw wyatt suede has high instep than other seasons?
I bought size 39 and the length of the boots fits perfectly but it's feel super roomy in the instep of the boots

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Has anyone compared the quality of FromTheFirst Chain Harness Boots compared to Saint Laurents? The Black leather Wyatts with the chain on the front of the harness specifically (FW14 and 15 I believe) It's been difficult trying to find any above a US9 on reseller sites and those that are selling them are doing so $500+ above the original retail price.

Those won't be a good alternative anymore since they "improved" the shape. The FTF Enzo boot used to be a great alternative to the SL harness Wyatt because the whole point was to recreate the original Wyatt but with a better construction. The quality of FTF is fine but I think you'll only be happy with them if you accept that the shape isn't like the SL ones you're going after.

Not only that but the price was way lower back then too. For the prices FTF boots are going for now I'd rather just put that money toward other designer footwear tbh.

Sev43

Reaction score
Does anyone know the main difference between 2016 Hedi D02 and a 2021 D02? Got my eyes on one of each for approx the same price.

slpldr

Reaction score
^I'd do a google search of the code on the tag to get an idea if they're legit.

Couple of things: First, I might be dumb, but is there any way to look at all the photos of the spring summer collection? you can see them sometimes if you click on a particular item, like this horrible shirt for example:
Large-776086Y36SW1000_Y.jpg

Also, how cool is it that legend Diana Ross is the face of the latest campaign?
1363715.jpeg
I've just got an email for 'exclusive' preview of looks they are all here https://www.ysl.com/en-de/shop-men/ready-to-wear/men-spring-summer-24

Снимок экрана 2024-02-01 в 14.34.12.png

everything is like 100% silk, IMO too impractical and therefore unwearable, I liked this look, babycat trench, oversized velvet blazer look, silk t-shirt, many pants.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that they had more looks up on the site. I'm not into this collection. This is the only piece I like, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay over $5000 for it.
eCom-758770Y525R1000_A.jpg

slpldr

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that they had more looks up on the site. I'm not into this collection. This is the only piece I like, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay over $5000 for it.
eCom-758770Y525R1000_A.jpg
I wish they make something like that but in normal cotton/gabardine. Unfortunately, Hedi's trench is discontinued.

I noticed that women's Teddy disappeared from the website, but now it's back. I also saw this:
Снимок экрана 2024-02-01 в 23.59.26.png

Its a new biker jacket for women, looks like a vintage Schott

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe there's a 2013 black slp trench up on vestiare in 48 for pretty cheap. I was actually thinking of copping it myself. In fact, I've noticed some absolute steals for SLP outerwear on the secondhand market lately.

slpldr

Reaction score
I believe there's a 2013 black slp trench up on vestiare in 48 for pretty cheap. I was actually thinking of copping it myself. In fact, I've noticed some absolute steals for SLP outerwear on the secondhand market lately.
I have this exact trench in my mind as well, but Im reluctant getting it because I'm not sure about the size. I once got 2013 blazer in size 48 and it was way too small. I also looks much more worn that it is declared.

slpldr

Reaction score
During this sale period, I tested several sneakers, this is the current state:
Andy - very tight fit, proportion-wise size 41 looks like Stan Smith size 42. Got 2 pairs for cheap.
Court SL/06 - normal fit, length is the same as Andy, but they look elongated on feet, does not work with skinny jeans IMO, toe box is elongated and end very close to the sole's edge, it makes them appear to be much longer than they are. Heel is kind of slippery, and you need to break them in. Got them for very cheap as well, removed a tag, and now thinking of selling them.
High-top SL/39 - run at least one size big and look like clown shoes. They didn't have cheap smaller size, so its a pass for me
High-top SL/80 - surprisingly nice ones, have a lot of very luxurious cushioning, very comfy, but they didn't match with the majority of my wardrobe, so I had to return them. They look good with oversized AMI Paris stuff.
High-top SL/10 - got black/white ones, probably my favourite among all, fit normal. Although they sole seems to be exactly the same as for SL/39, they down appear long because of a toe box shape. Much sleeker than Jordans, and look absolutely sick with teddy. They also feel like a leather boots, not like sneakers.

Gavin

Reaction score
Any experience with the 2017 L01 in calf (not the distressed version) that you can share? Fit versus other seasons, leather quality and/or variations?

slpldr

Reaction score
Any experience with the 2017 L01 in calf (not the distressed version) that you can share? Fit versus other seasons, leather quality and/or variations?
I have 2017 Chesterfield coat and it has Hedi's skinny fit, I suspect L01 was not adjusted in 2017

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads