• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

widone

Reaction score
Are the current Celine suede Chelsea boots have lower instep and overall slicker than the current slp Wyatt boots or it’s about the same ?

Last edited:

InternationaI

Reaction score
Those won't be a good alternative anymore since they "improved" the shape. The FTF Enzo boot used to be a great alternative to the SL harness Wyatt because the whole point was to recreate the original Wyatt but with a better construction. The quality of FTF is fine but I think you'll only be happy with them if you accept that the shape isn't like the SL ones you're going after.

Not only that but the price was way lower back then too. For the prices FTF boots are going for now I'd rather just put that money toward other designer footwear tbh.
Fair enough. I'd always like to go for the original, but its difficult finding any Chain Harness Wyatts on 2nd hand sites. Grailed has some for like $2000 but currently in college, not willing to pay above retail for them. Might just have to settle for the FTF versions. Story Et Fall only makes regular Wyatt style boots with no chain.

InternationaI

Reaction score
Question for everyone. Do you prefer the L 01 Leather Jacket or the L 17? Would like to pick one up as soon as I graduate as a reward. Which one would be more versatile?

L01 leather jacket.jpg

L01

L17 Leather jacket.jpg

L17

piblondin

Reaction score
Question for everyone. Do you prefer the L 01 Leather Jacket or the L 17? Would like to pick one up as soon as I graduate as a reward. Which one would be more versatile?

View attachment 2125663
L01

View attachment 2125665
L17
I like them both. As for versatility, I would probably say the L17 is more versatile, but you should pick the one you like and think you will wear more, IMO.

LessIsMore233

Reaction score
I really have to ask this question :
"is it the original wyatt chelsea boots?"
it is so different from today's, or even past years' design!
(what I feel is, the heel is obvious higher than nowadays', even maybe 2014 design)
it's really kinda like Jacno boots, the first batch's heels is obvious slimmer than later batches

8564411737_e5937a3d8f_h.jpg

8565511228_b6321de5c2_h.jpg

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score

View attachment 2125663
L01

View attachment 2125665
L17
I like both but to me the L01 is more versatile. It’s cleaner & more symmetrical which I feel gives you a wider range of outfits you can pair it with. The L17 is slightly more aggressive in aesthetic with the big zipper on one side and a belt. Either way I don’t think you can go wrong (as long as it’s Hedi 😸)

slpldr

Reaction score
BTW, just realised that a lot of drip in Neon Demon were from 2015 collections, and I stumbled at this one:

Снимок экрана 2024-02-07 в 11.11.51.png

Is it L01? Don't remember any version with studded shoulders

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Anyone ever dealt with scratches like this on their leather? My L01 was pre-owned and came with these weird marks on the arm... they almost look like it was clamped with something. I wouldn't mind them if the rest of the jacket weren't basically silky smooth, I kinda doubt there's anything to be done other than maybe leather conditioner and just continuing to wear it until it scuffs up more elsewhere.
IMG_6142.jpg
IMG_6144.jpg
IMG_6143.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’d drive me Barney but agree nothing that can probably be done and the only reason it stands out is that these jackets are so clean and smooth.

That said as you noted I doubt anyone else would realize it and once you develop your patina across the rest of the jacket they’ll become yet another part of its dna

MGWS

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find some help on this thread. I have the hooded duffle coat in camel and am missing a button on the sleeve. I've searched online; etsy, ebay, grailed, online everywhere and cannot find a replacement button. I just emailed Saint Laurent to see if they will either repair or send me one. Has anyone else here had this issue or know how to get a button? Thanks for any help 🙏

papillo

Reaction score

View attachment 2125663
L01

View attachment 2125665
L17
I love both, but i think the L01 is more versatile as you can "dress it up" easier then the L-17
I really have to ask this question :
"is it the original wyatt chelsea boots?"
it is so different from today's, or even past years' design!
(what I feel is, the heel is obvious higher than nowadays', even maybe 2014 design)
it's really kinda like Jacno boots, the first batch's heels is obvious slimmer than later batches

View attachment 2126073

View attachment 2126077

IIRC, the wyatt heels came in 60mm and 40mm, perhaps you are looking at the higher one?

papillo

Reaction score
I believe there's a 2013 black slp trench up on vestiare in 48 for pretty cheap. I was actually thinking of copping it myself. In fact, I've noticed some absolute steals for SLP outerwear on the secondhand market lately.

Im always concerned about fakes on the 2nd hand market. What sites do you use/trust? I would like to get a L17 at some point at the right price.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im always concerned about fakes on the 2nd hand market. What sites do you use/trust? I would like to get a L17 at some point at the right price.
I use all the usual suspects. If I"m unsure on an item I always do a google image search of the code on the fabric tag, which usually is a dead giveaway if the garment is fake. You can always post pics of the item here if you want. Also, there are sites that for like $15 will do a legit check for you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babara