• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

sweetjesus

Reaction score
http://blackbirdballard.com/Robert_Geller_Lounge_Pant_RG02-120107_29795.html

eh.gif
Found this accidentally through a google image search. Shows up as 50% off in cart too. Chances of them actually having these in stock are pretty slim I'm guessing.

just a word about black bird. They are dismantling the store and sent me the wrong trousers over a month ago. They haven't reacted on multiple e-mails, save for a "we'll answer tomorrow" two weeks or so back. Wouldn't give them business.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: Looks like it was already answered. Blah blah Blackbird has no Geller stock anymore blah blah

Last edited:

variegate

Reaction score
Blackbird closed their store about a month ago.
They are now making/selling their own products (soap, etc), primarily wholesale to other boutiques.
Not sure what is going to happen with their site, but I wouldn't expect that anything listed 'in stock' is actually in stock beyond their own products.

I don't believe they will be selling any clothing items again.
There were whispers of some other types of items that we might be interested in, but I have no idea where all of that stuff landed . . .

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anture got in a hat, zip scarves, and a sweater in two red and brown. Not the rubber stripe one I'm hoping to find though.

kubrick555

Reaction score
Blackbird, RIP. I'll hate on them for their price markups and crappy sales, but they always provided good customer service to me.

Plus they always supported Geller (from the very start) and stocked some of his more adventurous pieces.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although not on the site, 12345 has the Extended Vest in stock (2 sizes, 46 & 48). Seems the usual suspects didn't pick this piece up

This one:
https://www.anture.jp/GOODSDETAIL-1401

edit:
They also have the dress denim. which is really cool in person. But no more zip blazers

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, just got the good news back from Robert - we will be preselling 15 items. These are items that were prominent on the runway, but that traditional stockists are more reluctant to carry because of the risk involved, which means that we have a chance to help get these items put into production. I'm waiting for confirmation of the number needed to put each item into production, and for the runway pictures.

Get ready to be part of history, gentlemen.

Cheers,

Fok.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, just got the good news back from Robert - we will be preselling 15 items. These are items that were prominent on the runway, but that traditional stockists are more reluctant to carry because of the risk involved, which means that we have a chance to help get these items put into production. I'm waiting for confirmation of the number needed to put each item into production, and for the runway pictures.

Do you know if this includes larger sizes of pieces that are strictly sold in the Japanese market?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awesome, don't have to worry about things selling out :D

Yup. And most of this stuff are things that you usually have to scour the corners of the internet and learn how to read Japanese to find... only to find that you can never get it, because they never made it into production. Then you yelled out to the heaven's about the unfairness of it all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads