• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLPL Edward Greens for $325?

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
"The suspense is killing me... I hope it'll last."

Don't be a heel.
lol8[1].gif

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Considering there does not seem to be a style called the Stern from EG AFAICT, that's a distinct possibility.

Very possible. Considering EG gives English names to all of its shoes.

pkincy

Reaction score
BTW, I think it would be much much much smarter if we quit with the emails to EG or Polo until all the orders were shipped from Polo's wearhouse.

I would be mighty upset if all the "information gathering" results in the orders not shipped being pulled.

Why do we need to know????? Have some patience. When the shoes show up will be plenty soon enough.

Perry
angry.gif

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
BTW, I think it would be much much much smarter if we quit with the emails to EG or Polo until all the orders were shipped from Polo's wearhouse.

I would be mighty upset if all the "information gathering" results in the orders not shipped being pulled.

Why do we need to know????? Have some patience. When the shoes show up will be plenty soon enough.

Perry
angry.gif

Seriously. If it was something they missed before then they're surely not missing it now.

arced

Reaction score
Anyone else feeling silly that they've bought $300 shoes that they have no idea what they look like nor who made them?
confused.gif

regularjoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
Anyone else feeling silly that they've bought $300 shoes that they have no idea what they look like nor who made them?
confused.gif

Not really. If they're no good, they get returned to Polo.

billiebob

Reaction score
Too bad I'm late to the party.

The photos of the EBay shoes (brown calf semibrogue with box) were nice. They must be quite old, however, given the all-leather heels. That number inside '9974' could be the pair numbering (EG numbers all shoes consecutively so I hear). I have a pair I think in the 19,000s.

The RLPL driving penny loafers Bentley, retailing for 450, were available in quantity in full size runs in brown and white at Daffy's last year for a little over $100. Man, were they narrow, and the driving moc sole unsuitable for NYC pavement pounding. Still, 78% off.

The prices of these english shoes really has gotten crazy. RLPL EGs now 950, and Broooks Brothers now over 400! The alden cordovans are now 530! I'm happy I got my closetful of shoes last year!
The Darltons wingtips are now 695 on the site, while someone here had trouble a few months ago selling a brand new pair in brown in 11D for around 200!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
Seriously. If it was something they missed before then they're surely not missing it now.

Especially considering that at this point, no answer will be definitive until someone sees the shoes in person. There are just too many conflicting possibilities.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So 1 person (admittedly) emailing EG and a few people calling Polo to check on their orders makes a series of suspicious inquiries? Everyone relax. That is likely pretty normal over the course of 48 hours for both EG and Polo.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
So 1 person (admittedly) emailing EG and a few people calling Polo to check on their orders makes a series of suspicious inquiries? Everyone relax. That is likely pretty normal over the course of 48 hours for both EG and Polo.

Except that for every person posting, 10 more are calling.
laugh.gif

paper clip

Reaction score
This has to be one of the best threads ever. Should go to the HOF once all is settled. I check it every hour or so, and I didn't even like or order the shoes.

One could probably use this thread in a psychology or sociology class as a case study in crowd behavior or mania!

Keep up the good work!

(seriously) I really hope the shoes work out for everyone.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My order has shipped. Whoohoo!! Now I just hope they aren't driving loafers or something
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads