• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLPL Edward Greens for $325?

passingtime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
FEDEX lists the shipping weight of my parcel at 3.3 pounds, that's seems on the light side to include shoe trees. Thoughts?

Mine is listed at 5.0 pounds shipped Express Saver.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just in from the RLPL customer service desk in Kuala Lumpur!

Dear Mr Franklin,
Any shipment under 4.0lbs indicates that the Corbin shoes were shipped without trees. Any shipment over 4.0lbs includes the lasted trees, and an extra set of velcro tabs for your new Corpen sport sandals.
Sincerely,
The Customer Service of Polo

wow.gif

mine is 4.4lbs
laugh.gif

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Wow. This thread has been in existence for 24 hours and already has 260 posts. Think of the thousands of dollars that changed hands on the strength of that first comment. Its like Sutters mill.
By the way, mines 4 pounds even.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Dang. Mine is 3.4 pounds. I guess they just stuffed bubble wrap into my shoes. At least I'll have something to pop.

Mine's supposed to arrive Friday. With this and my STP order, I am very excited. Christmas in September.

arced

Reaction score
The interesting thing is that there hasn't been a mention of these shoes on AAAC. If you're looking for a difference between the two sites, I think this would be a prime example.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
By the way, mines 4 pounds even.

no velcro for you!
180px-Sein_soup_nazi.jpg

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
FEDEX lists the shipping weight of my parcel at 3.3 pounds, that's seems on the light side to include shoe trees. Thoughts?

My order for two pairs of Mackays last year weighed 7.5 lbs. My order that shipped today (two pair) weighs 7.0 lbs.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
What may account for the differing shipping weights, in addition to size variations, is the possibility that they are shipping more than one type of shoe. Suede, burnished calf, with or without shoe trees, and of course sport sandals - with or without velcro. It ought to be interesting and the results should be coming in in a day or two.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earthmover
Dang. Mine is 3.4 pounds. I guess they just stuffed bubble wrap into my shoes. At least I'll have something to pop.

Mine's supposed to arrive Friday. With this and my STP order, I am very excited. Christmas in September.

me too, looks like my "EG" shoes and Belvest suit will arrive around the same time .... WoHoo.......

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
Actually this would be a good case study in the rational behaviour of Styleforum members. Polo essentially gave us a free option: free shipping and the shoes can be returned for free to any Polo store. Given that there was no transaction cost, we had no reason not to order the shoes to see if it was a great deal or not.

Anyway, mine shipped Fedex.

Actually, we have the minor transaction cost of the hassle of making the return, but in exchange we also get the crazy sensation the soap opera theorists are driving at.

Mine shipped tonight as well via FEDEX. The weird thing is that I ordered two (another with 20% discount), and one pair is 3.3 pounds; the other is 4.1.

Eh?

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
Actually, we have the minor transaction cost of the hassle of making the return, but in exchange we also get the crazy sensation the soap opera theorists are driving at.

Mine shipped tonight as well via FEDEX. The weird thing is that I ordered two (another with 20% discount), and one pair is 3.3 pounds; the other is 4.1.

Eh?

excellent, will be quite interested to hear about the difference (if any) when they arrive.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllHustle417