• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLPL Edward Greens for $325?

tutee

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
Dear Sir,

I have been informed by Ralph Lauren today that the shoe
they named Corben is in fact Stern which is made by Edward Green.

With kind regards
Helen Bateman

Holy Sh.. If they are indeed EG's, some of you got the deal of the year. It is hard to imagine a PL EG at $260-under 300 from Ralphie's website itself. Now, if these are EG's will they be with shoe trees or no?

Sadly, by the time I realized it (yesterday morning) my size 8/8.5 was already gone. Oh well...

I had a similar situation with Bluefly years ago when they sold a few EG's. With one of the shoes (a cardiff variant) picture and the price was wrong. However, they simply refused to ship out the shoe saying it was an error--even though my order was completed a day before.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Hrm ... The Corben has now vanished from the Polo site. I know it's sold out, but is this Polo standard operating procedure? Odd how it suddenly showed up at a remarkably low price, immediately sold out and then is removed in its entirety.

I don't know, maybe they got a very small shipment and because of their changing relationship with EG decided to just unload them through the website. A little strange, but I'm not going to complain!

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gotta say, I felt good about not having the cash for the shoes after everyone thought they may not have been EGs. Way to dash that feeling... :p

If anyone gets some 11D's they don't want, I'm all over 'em.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered at about 11:15 EST yesterday after they sat in my shopping cat for a half an hour. Plus, I held another pair in another browser's shopping cart for another 2 hours. Order went through and then I rec'd this emaill exactly 24hrs. later.

We regret to inform you that at least one of the items you ordered is
out of stock and not available at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and
appreciate your understanding.

I had this problem with Polo.com last Christmas. I called and was essentially told the item would never be back. When it returned, at full price, one week later, I ordered it and wrote them a nasty email demanding the sale price. They complied. I doubt that will be possible in this case though.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
I had this problem with Polo.com last Christmas. I called and was essentially told the item would never be back. When it returned, at full price, one week later, I ordered it and wrote them a nasty email demanding the sale price. They complied. I doubt that will be possible in this case though.

I called the New York store in search of the Mackays, and was told they were out of stock and completely unavailable in my size. (Of course, they didn't bother to put me on hold to check.) Then, the next day, someone posted here about how he had walked into the store and bought the Mackay, and in my size. I wrote a polite but firm letter of complaint to both the corporate headquarters and the store in question. Neither bothered to reply.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
Ordered at about 11:15 EST yesterday after they sat in my shopping cat for a half an hour. Plus, I held another pair in another browser's shopping cart for another 2 hours. Order went through and then I rec'd this emaill exactly 24hrs. later.

We regret to inform you that at least one of the items you ordered is
out of stock and not available at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and
appreciate your understanding.

dame, now I am anxious to see if my order went through ....... I though once the item sat in your shopping cart, no one else could order the same item @ the same time.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Darn it!!! I guess I should warn you guys when I'm traveling and won't have internet access. My travels seem to trigger events such as this. I've missed out, but I hope RL honors your orders. What a great buy!!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Associate
Just called RL and they verified that the order has not yet shipped, but is packed and on its way to the truck. So it seems like RL is going to honor the order. All that remains now is the minor hurdle of the shoes having to be of a style and color I actually want and in my size. Otherwise, are there any 9.5Ds out there who didn't make it to the party?

Yes, 9.5 here!!

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Style Stern is produced on the 89 and 808 lasts.
Yes, the leather is the same high quality,
but I believe the Mackays were made in Coffee
Suede whereas the Stern shoes were produced in Mink
Suede (a dark brown).

With kind regards
Helen

Dear Mr Franklin, Sorry the 'Corben' is not an EG style. Trust you are
enjoying Boston. Sincerely, Hilary Freeman

(I am confused as hell now and clarified with Hilary that another EG person informed me it was actually the "Stern".)

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr Franklin, Sorry the 'Corben' is not an EG style. Trust you are
enjoying Boston. Sincerely, Hilary Freeman

(I am confused as hell now and clarified with Hilary that another EG person informed me it was actually the "Stern".)

musicboohoo[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
maybe they're just screwing with "Mr. Franklin"/Josepidal since he emails them so much..
laugh.gif

Considering there does not seem to be a style called the Stern from EG AFAICT, that's a distinct possibility.

I still think this is a C&J shoe and personally, I would trust the direct word of Hilary Freeman over someone else who received second hand info from someone at RL.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prostadineonline