• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

siegolindo

Reaction score
my order should be ready by second week of March, Marco is firm about an 8 week turnaround for shoes and 10 weeks for boots. During his trunk show this past weekend, I was able to get a better sense of his plans, He has hired more workers and is overseeing factory operations. He wont close the factory for vacation as the english do and instead, rotate employee vacations like any other service business. Of note, his markup for gator/croc is 1000-1300eu so one can order exotic skin for 3-4k (US) range. I placed another order for loafers which also come on the perfetta last.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome news. I must say, while I generally find them rather gimmicky, the triple Monkstrap shown on the Bestetti instagram (with alligator strap) was some sort of beautiful.

bamboo

Reaction score
@siegolindo thanks for your update. I heard Marco is coming to Asia too. I have a pair of Novecento line shoes from several years ago and if they can find my last I may order another pair.

I saw they went around US for trunk shows. If any other members here attended, I would like to hear what they think.

Last edited:

siegolindo

Reaction score

Awesome news. I must say, while I generally find them rather gimmicky, the triple Monkstrap shown on the Bestetti instagram (with alligator strap) was some sort of beautiful.

Its so much better looking in person. Roughly 400 euro additional charge. Im definately eyeing those. His philosophy on shoe design is about the heel and vamp, my feet feel so snug and confortable in the perfetta. The wideness of the front hinge into the narrow toe, actually allows for some freedom of movement throughout the day. The heel feels like someone is holding them in their hands, heavenly. I will say they are actually shorter than GG decos

siegolindo

Reaction score

@siegolindo thanks for your update.   I heard Marco is coming to Asia too.  I have a pair of Novecento line shoes from several years ago and if they can find my last I may order another pair. 

I saw they went around US for trunk shows.  If any other members here attended, I would like to hear what they think.  

They should have your personalized last. Marco was Riccardos business partner and so has a more operationalized mind than the artist. In our conversation he explained how different markets preferred certain lasts over the other. Asia is planned, hes finalizing the details.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stunning array of photos of new Bestettis on their Instagram feed. FWIW.

siegolindo

Reaction score
Order has been completed on a pair of grey spiders from novacento line, should receive soon. Order took approximately 2 months to complete. will post once they arrive. Super excited!

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am so glad I have his boots, still unworn in box as the aesthetic doesn't suit standard Texas boots. Quality of finish is impeccable.
He was an amazing shoemaker, sad we lost him so young.

Regards.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More RTW line. It is one badass black shoe. Fit and finish is perfect. I may have to hit the local trunk show to check out other options. Adam at Spiga3 said Riccardo was proud of the construction improvements on the latest RTW line. I believe this batch was mostly complete before his passing. I did notice the waist is slightly thinner, and the heel is smaller than my original RTW pairs (new one fully lined as well).

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

More RTW line. It is one badass black shoe. Fit and finish is perfect. I may have to hit the local trunk show to check out other options. Adam at Spiga3 said Riccardo was proud of the construction improvements on the latest RTW line. I believe this batch was mostly complete before his passing. I did notice the waist is slightly thinner, and the heel is smaller than my original RTW pairs (new one fully lined as well).
Do they have more Bestetti RTW?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Riccardo Bestetti and I have been virtual friends for a long time. He is probably one of the first bespoke shoemakers that I had contact with in reality (outside of Stefano and G&G). As I always liked his shoes and yearned for content, I asked him to email me when he had new stuff. But our emails were more than simply an exchange of photos for gratitude. Through our passion of footwear and writings we became friends. What most people may not know is that Riccardo is absolutely crazy for shoes, not only his own but for all beautiful shoes. I think that he may have a picture collection (of all shoes) that makes mine look miniscule. That being, him and I were very similar and it made it easy for us to exchange emails when we both had a mutual passion for shoes (and it did not hurt that I can write in Italian too!)
You may want to check your tenses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads