• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he can source most leathers if you ask...i have asked him if he can get some pretty exotic leathers including carpincho, teju lizard, and sharkskin for some shoes that i want him to make...and he didn't seem to have an issue sourcing them...so i think you'll be ok....

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of leathers @SoGent what did you end up doing with all of those suede samples Riccardo sent you?

Did you ship them back to him or were they for you to keep?

Wanna ship them to me? Then I'll ship them back to him? :p

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

he can source most leathers if you ask...i have asked him if he can get some pretty exotic leathers including carpincho, teju lizard, and sharkskin for some shoes that i want him to make...and he didn't seem to have an issue sourcing them...so i think you'll be ok....

Yeah, his answer to pretty much everything seems to be "no problem, I'll fix". Got to love that!

agedashidofu

Reaction score
Yeah, his answer to pretty much everything seems to be "no problem, I'll fix". Got to love that!

This is great to hear. I was actually initially considering between Saint Crispin and Bestetti, but have now made up my mind on Bestetti Novecento line. One biggest concern I have is on the sizing - since I cannot physically go to Vigevano. May I ask how was your experience w/ the trial shoes? Did he make the right adjustments after seeing pictures of the fit on the trial shoes? Or did he have to make further adjustments? Sorry if this has been discussed before in the previous pages. Of course, I'll just make one first to manage the risk. Thanks a lot by the way, for the kopguide - it was very comprehensive.

And one more question if you don't mind - how do you compare the quality & finish compared to GGs or St. Crispin? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is great to hear.  I was actually initially considering between Saint Crispin and Bestetti, but have now made up my mind on Bestetti Novecento line.  One biggest concern I have is on the sizing - since I cannot physically go to Vigevano.  May I ask how was your experience w/ the trial shoes?  Did he make the right adjustments after seeing pictures of the fit on the trial shoes?  Or did he have to make further adjustments?  Sorry if this has been discussed before in the previous pages.  Of course, I'll just make one first to manage the risk.  Thanks a lot by the way, for the kopguide - it was very comprehensive.

And one more question if you don't mind - how do you compare the quality & finish compared to GGs or St. Crispin?  Thanks a lot.

Glad you like the buyer's guide! For me the test shoes didn't fit that good really, but after he'd seen pics of me wearing them he changed the last to an almost perfect fit. For my new pair I'm waiting for we've just made some very minor adjustments (this time I met him in person so he'd seem me wear them now).

Always hard to compare quality, but just some generalisations is that G&G is without a doubt the cleanest finished of those three, since they are factory made. SC a bit cleaner than Bestetti, who is a bit rougher. Leather quality i'd say G&G and Bestetti are both superb (though they use different types of leather, G&G is thicker and heavier) I haven't owned any SC but to be honest I haven't been super impressed with their leather from those I've handled and seen friends have. Construction wise, well G&G is Goodyear welted so that's an own category, and here Bestetti is the best I'd say. Completely handmade (not machine stitched soles like SC) and with very good arch support and small lovely construction details, like the "notch" between heel and sole edge etc. But as I say, these are generalisations, and based on not too much experience with these makers.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score
I have been working with Mr. Bestetti for a while now and below is few of the shoes he made for me. Please note the different sole treatments and artistic interpretation of every style. Mr. Bestetti is a true artist and works diligently with clients to execute every detail. His work is second to none and he is among the best working shoemakers in Italy and the world today.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love the way Bestetti has migrated his cowboy boot background into those incredible bevelled and wood pegged waists.

He has achieved that 1920s aesthetic without compromising strength.

At the same time his style is beyond even the best bootmakers.

I really like the burgundy spade ghillies and the antiqued brownish tan ones that look like they have been polished for 10 years.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cannot wait to receive my 3 pairs...and so Riccardo will let me make more :) :) :)

I like the model Bestetti in the color you did...and also the Commando soled boot...

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for showing your photos. You're right, Bestetti is a true artist. In less than 20 days Riccardo I will end my Gladietor bicolor. But tomorrow I'll show you the proof shoes. Now he is already prcedendo with the cut of the upper.

But do you think the sole is the most beautiful shiny or natural?

Bestetti asked me what I prefer.

I chose to do just the glossy heel and quarries. The plan of the shoe I want natural. So slide less.

What do you think? What would you do in my place?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads