• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Relationship Dealbreakers

bslo

Reaction score
+1 crude language (I don't mind the occasional swear word, but if a girl drops an f-bomb every five minutes, I lose respect and interest)[/quote]

+1. To mollify Pstoller, I don't particularly like it when men drop f-bombs every five minutes either. If you like intensifiers, you should be a little more precise (and creative).

Mr. White

Reaction score
Tiffany, Crystal, Brandy, ad nauseum, girls named after their loser Boomer parents' favorite drug or favorite wish-list item they could never afford.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
If I can chime in with my probably worthless two cents...

I think a big reason why girls sleeping with a number of men, is a big deal as opposed to men sleeping around is that, first of all it's a lot more difficult for a guy to get laid, that and the fact that pretty much the only reason guys seek out casual sex is pure pleasure.

For a woman, first of all it's a lot easier to get laid, even if you're not SO attractive, that and the fact that I feel like woman will sleep with someone due to self esteem issues, blah, blah, not always for pleasure.

You should probably do yourself a big favor and just quit posting in any thread that has anything at all to do with women, sex or dating.
plain.gif

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, I probably know way more bros who prowl cheap sex because of "self-esteem" issues than chicks. There are so many loser dudes whose only glimmer of satisfaction in life is getting laid and lighting up that bowl in mom's basement.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
If I can chime in with my probably worthless two cents... I think a big reason why girls sleeping with a number of men, is a big deal as opposed to men sleeping around is that, first of all it's a lot more difficult for a guy to get laid, that and the fact that pretty much the only reason guys seek out casual sex is pure pleasure. For a woman, first of all it's a lot easier to get laid, even if you're not SO attractive, that and the fact that I feel like woman will sleep with someone due to self esteem issues, blah, blah, not always for pleasure.
This is a mathematical conundrum. If it were so easy for women to get laid, it must be equally easy for guys... assuming homosexuality out of the equation for a minute. See.... the REAL difference between men and women is that it's easier for men to lower their standards for the purpose of ********** than it is for women. If you would bang a girl that's a little beneath you, it would be easy for you too. The reason you think it's easier for women is that you're looking up the food chain. Punch your weight class and you will see remarkable results.

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
This is a mathematical conundrum. If it were so easy for women to get laid, it must be equally easy for guys... assuming homosexuality out of the equation for a minute.

See.... the REAL difference between men and women is that it's easier for men to lower their standards for the purpose of ********** than it is for women.

If you would bang a girl that's a little beneath you, it would be easy for you too. The reason you think it's easier for women is that you're looking up the food chain.

Punch your weight class and you will see remarkable results.

It isn't.

They've done studies, where they have had people set up on university campus. A women could approach any random guy, and ask if they wanted to ********, and 70% of men would be interested. On the other hand, sub 10% of females would be interested.

The key difference, is "casual sex" compared to "relationship sex".

bslo

Reaction score
This is a mathematical conundrum. If it were so easy for women to get laid, it must be equally easy for guys... assuming homosexuality out of the equation for a minute.

See.... the REAL difference between men and women is that it's easier for men to lower their standards for the purpose of ********** than it is for women.

If you would bang a girl that's a little beneath you, it would be easy for you too. The reason you think it's easier for women is that you're looking up the food chain.

Punch your weight class and you will see remarkable results.

It's not a mathematical conundrum, it's a logical conundrum (really, it's not a conundrum at all). Saying that it's easier for Person A to do something than it is for Person B to do that thing does not entail (or even suggest) that Person A wants to do that thing as much as does Person B. The two issues are very different.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know how they controlled that test. Did the woman look like a troll, average, or hawt?

I bet if I get a tom brady look alike to go after average-looking girls and a supermodel to go after tom brady looking guys, you will see a narrower gap.

It's a sway - if you are offered something you think you won't have access to again, you are more likely to make a rash decision. I'd argue that some of those results are skewed to the guys believing they are lucky to be getting an offer of sex because it is "difficult" to get one.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bslo
It's not a mathematical conundrum, it's a logical conundrum (really, it's not a conundrum at all). Saying that it's easier for Person A to do something than it is for Person B to do that thing does not entail (or even suggest) that Person A wants to do that thing as much as does Person B. The two issues are very different.
It's mathematical because it requires one woman and one man to complete the act. So - whether or not one desires it more or less than the other... they both need to be there. Now, it's possible that in a population of 10 men and 10 women, all ten women sleep with only one guy... that would make it easier for women than men. But it would reinforce my standards theory.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
It isn't.

They've done studies, where they have had people set up on university campus. A women could approach any random guy, and ask if they wanted to ********, and 70% of men would be interested. On the other hand, sub 10% of females would be interested.

The key difference, is "casual sex" compared to "relationship sex".

Sounds like a good story. If I randomly go up to women like that, 1 out of every 10 would be willing to go. I better get started soon.

bslo

Reaction score
It's mathematical because it requires one woman and one man to complete the act.

So - whether or not one desires it more or less than the other... they both need to be there.

Now, it's possible that in a population of 10 men and 10 women, all ten women sleep with only one guy... that would make it easier for women than men. But it would reinforce my standards theory.

But your point has nothing to do with how "easy" it is for women to get laid.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a purely theoretical sense, I suppose that is true. But that's like saying you're rich because you have something you are willing to sell for $1M - it's worth nothing until you have a buyer.

For every woman that gets laid, a man also gets laid. Women have more choice in who it happens with. But I don't see it as being any easier because as soon as a woman decides to ********, a man immediately has an equal opportunity.

bslo

Reaction score
In a purely theoretical sense, I suppose that is true. But that's like saying you're rich because you have something you are willing to sell for $1M - it's worth nothing until you have a buyer.

For every woman that gets laid, a man also gets laid. Women have more choice in who it happens with. But I don't see it as being any easier because as soon as a woman decides to ********, a man immediately has an equal opportunity.

Again, you're conflating two separate things. Suppose that a woman wants to ******** ten times a month and is able to ******** ten times a month. Suppose that a man wants to ******** twenty times a month but, despite his best efforts, is able to ******** only ten times a month. Everything else being equal, who has an "easier" time getting sex?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again - you are saying that men and women have a different sexual appetite.....different reasons for **********, etc.

But the sex act itself is readily available. There is legal prostitution in a number of countries and some counties in Nevada.

And again... if the man who wants it 20 times in a month will lower his standards far enough, I'm sure he'll have no issues getting the additional 10.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads