• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a motivated partner/entrepreneur for a concept store - gentlemen accessories

The Panachist

Reaction score
Gentlemen (and ladies),

I am new on this forum (although I have been a lurker for a long time). Let me introduce myself: I am a 36 years old man, located in NYC. I work in the private equity/corporate sector. As life is short, I am willing to do a career change and do something relating to what I really love: elegance.

I have been working on a project of concept store for the past year and it is now time to convert the project into a business. I am looking for an entrepreneur with a strong interest in men elegance, sartorialism and fine living. I want to share this adventure with someone sharing the same vision and values. The concept store will first be about making something with passion and then trying to make it profitable.

Vision

Men are more demanding for clothes and accessories than anytime before. Discerning men think that elegance is as important as comfort or value for money.
The concept store will focus on high-end men accessories with a core focus on small productions, hard to find stuff and limited editions. I am not willing to produce, source or sell products that you can find everywhere.
The target audience will be discerning and elegant men wishing to add an offbeat or original touch to their style, these light touches of originality but always remaining on the right side of the good taste red line. The slightly offbeat side will be very important. To me, there is no point doing what is already done at large somewhere else. It is important to define a clear cut and offbeat identity.
No compromise on quality and originality is paramount.

Products

Accessories sold will include inter alia :

• cufflinks (distributor and homemade),
• socks (sourced),
• small leather goods (sourced),
• grooming accessories,
• totally useless items and
• some cool randomly-found stuff. Always with a limited edition preference and/or small (more confidential) manufacturer.
The products list is not a closed list. Over time, other items or classes of objects may be added design-related objects,
I have conducted a long and thorough work of prospection re products and manufacturers.

What I have to offer

I have spent many hours on refining the concept (while it is still a work in progress) and identifying sourcing manufacturers.
I' like to offer someone to join this project as I think that there is more in two heads than in one. It is always good to have your ideas challenged and I see this project as a collaboration. I am open to all types of collabrations and incentives depending, of course, on what is brought to this project (money, ideas, time, connections, humor,...)
I have met several persons who where interested in this project but none of them was really driven by the concept or passionate by the topic or sartorialism and elegance. There was no common vision and, I think, this is a must to start a venture.

The ideal partner

The ideal partner would bring something to this project : experience, vision, time, money...i am open to all suggestions.the most important is to share the vision. The partner will have to invest the same amount of money.
The ideal partner would also be over-motivated, not counting hours or expecting a return on investment on short term as a primary objective. He or she should also be able to think out of the box and bring new ideas.
The business will be something built for the long run not for short term profits (but i would not be worried about profits. « The world market for menswear is expected to exceed $402 billion in 2014, according to research from MarketLine. This represents market expansion of over 14% during a five-year period.")

If you are interested in this business project (or simply think of someone who would be interested) and think you have something to bring (or have any suggestions or ideas), please email me and let me know what drives you, why you want to be part of this and what you can bring with you. All talents welcome. Ideally you would be located in NYC or on the east coast but geographic location should not be a problem.

Cheers

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you have a business plan?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads