• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I suppose I meant in the same way that the 1000 Mile boot can be dressed up. That line between work boot and dress boot
I've been quite content with my 9010s and how they "dress" up. It's not like I can wear them with a suit (unless a suit would be required while walking in such bad conditions that they would prevent an actual dress boot), but I've worn them with dress slacks and coat for less casual occasions in winter.

I will say that it's not the lug that makes them bulkier - the width of the welt seems big and the toe box is definitely chunky. I'm also wearing them in 13s so that doesn't help...

cassiusclay

Reaction score
I just got a black scuff/mark on my new boots. Any way of getting rid of the black mark on them? Don't want to damage the leather.

Last edited:

pdxvegan

Reaction score
Any thoughts on sizing Red Wing Iron Rangers compared to Danner Mountain Lights?

Carson

Reaction score
Are the Red Wing Harverters available in the US? Seems a very good choice for a winter boot with the vibram sole and the 8 inch height..

Some more information on denimhunters.com
Apparently a place in New York called Shoe Parlor has them. My local Red Wing store has a few in stock that they were given because they are one of the top Heritage sellers in the country, so I bought a pair a week ago, but ended up returning them for a cigar beckman. It's a nice boot, for sure, but I wanted something slightly dressier than the amber harness….

Carson

Reaction score
Anyone use anything other than Red Wing boot cream for polishing their Beckman's?? I live in California, so I don't need to worry about weather protection (drought) but thinking more along the lines of getting a decent shine on them. I use Saphir products on my other boots, but not sure how the Featherstone leather will take that.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flash sale on Red Wings at vente-privee.com some styles down to £45

dancarlsen

Reaction score

I'm lucky enough to live an hour from Red Wing so I rearranged my schedule and headed to their yearly warehouse sale this morning. Got the 8138 Toe Mocs on the left for 50% off and the Iron Rangers on the right for 75% off! The Iron Rangers are seconds but I haven't been able to find any flaws yet.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm almost in tears looking at that sale and it not letting me login with my US account and buy a few pairs.

I restricted myself to two, would have been three, but the size went before I got it in my basket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads