• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks @DeadBoy.

I emailed FarFetch and it looks like I will be able to cancel my order and reorder size 46. I should tell them I "didn't see" my referal code too... ahem.

Width is typically the issue for me. No Buttero sneakers, either. @LA Guy what size did you take in the Epaulet Chelseas? That may be where our shoe purchasing has overlapped.

Thanks for indulging me in sizing recommendations in the Recent Purchases Thread.

:)

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @DeadBoy .

I emailed FarFetch and it looks like I will be able to cancel my order and reorder size 46. I should tell them I "didn't see" my referal code too... ahem.

Width is typically the issue for me. No Buttero sneakers, either. @LA Guy what size did you take in the Epaulet Chelseas? That may be where our shoe purchasing has overlapped.

Thanks for indulging me in sizing recommendations in the Recent Purchases Thread.

smile.gif
I took a size 11 in the Epaulet chelsas, but those are much looser on me than my Guidis, which fit me like a glove. I could probably have gone down a 1/.2 size for the same fit, I think, 10.5 or so. I feel that a 10 in the Epaulet chelseas would have been too small.

Guidis, at least mine, are incredibly comfy, even when they are fitted. I typically hate, hate, hate, glove fitting footwear, but Guidis are the exception. Once you have the right size, and they conform to your feet, I can wear mine all day long with zero discomfort. I think that it's because they have very little structure in them. There is a fairly soft heel, and then a bit of salpa in the toebox (very soft) or sometimes none at all, and none of that stuff that shape most footwear.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was watching that awful/awesome Seattle vs Arizona game and of course couldn't pay attention for four hours of that, so I bought what I THINK is a Helmug Lang moleskin chesterfield coat. Not really interested in other fabrics, but it was only $150 so worth a roll of the dice maybe??

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was watching that awful/awesome Seattle vs Arizona game and of course couldn't pay attention for four hours of that, so I bought what I THINK is a Helmug Lang moleskin chesterfield coat. Not really interested in other fabrics, but it was only $150 so worth a roll of the dice maybe??

I was looking at that (let me know if it doesn't work out!)

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers, thanks for the info. Hoping it is the moleskin version.

And happy to pass it along if it doesn't work out! Wife is already mad I watched football all day and then bought a coat haha

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
it will look terrible on all of you. just give it to me so i can hang it inside my closet away from prying eyes.

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if there's anything i've learned it's that you can never have enough pants

think you're gonna love those schneider pants, i have the black ones and love them

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some stuff in from a new Korean techwear brand called 0608. Quality is around Guerrilla-Group/surplus but it's cheap on sale. Got all this plus some running tights for approximately $AUD250.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at that bed jw ford jacket at a shop (mathematics?) in Kyoto, its v nice

so it just got delivered. oh man.. It is one NICE jacket!! i think it's even cooler than the patchwork needles one i have.

being suede it is fairly breathable too.. looks like i'm gonna actually be able to wear it.. lol.

also arriving today from NMWA..

monitaly (i'm going to get the most wear out of this one.. goes with all my EG stuff, junya patchwork pants)

for stunting at night. sublime.

it is a good day today
satisfied.gif

futuresailors

Reaction score
Yeah, that's moleskin. Sideways fabric label means it's from the be late 90s.

Cheers, thanks for the info. Hoping it is the moleskin version.

And happy to pass it along if it doesn't work out! Wife is already mad I watched football all day and then bought a coat haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads