• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I buy a lot of stuff and this is my best Yoox purchase of the year, without a doubt. As always, the Yoox shots don't tell the full story: it's entirely soft -constructed (shirt-jacket, if you'd like) and is reversible, with both sides being awesome. The side you see on the pic is a barathea type of weave with jet pockets, the other side is a smooth with patch pockets(and obviously with the barathea-weave lapels). It is outstanding, I've been turning this around and around to understand how it was done, can be buttoned on both sides, and can truly look good on both... and cost me less than $300 :embar:
]

Adam Kimmel? Funny Synth had a different review. I actually really like the look but size small been sold out forever.

Yes, Kimmel. What was Synthese's review?

Poor fit if I remember correctly and the material did not lend itself to altering well. I believe he got a size large? Perhaps same as you.
I think he did not like the material as much as you do. Needs a proper WAYWT post and detail photos.

It's entirely possible that I would have liked it a whole lot more had I tried an M, but I don't remember thinking that I'd be able to size down. The boxiness definitely turned me off, and the whole thing didn't really sit right on me. I can definitely understand G's interest, though; it is a neat piece. If he bought the large, it's possible it's the very same one I returned :) I'd also be happy to see some pictures.

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NM x Target x Thom Browne Blazer

It's a bit precious for my usual style, but I am impressed with the details for the price: functional buttonholes, fully lined, dual vents. Might go back.

ew

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I buy a lot of stuff and this is my best Yoox purchase of the year, without a doubt. As always, the Yoox shots don't tell the full story: it's entirely soft -constructed (shirt-jacket, if you'd like) and is reversible, with both sides being awesome. The side you see on the pic is a barathea type of weave with jet pockets, the other side is a smooth with patch pockets(and obviously with the barathea-weave lapels). It is outstanding, I've been turning this around and around to understand how it was done, can be buttoned on both sides, and can truly look good on both... and cost me less than $300 :embar:

Adam Kimmel is highly underrated. And, I got it on good authority yesterday that he is no longer showing, and has shut down his operation altogether (he has family money, and essentially became bored.) I may be shooting myself in the foot, because there are a few things on Yoox and The Corner that I am sitting on, but Iove you guys.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Geller Richard blazer in an intrguing material. It's like fleece backed knit, as if they took a knit and bonded it to a knit material. Incredible fit - definitely size down. The size 48 fits like in that picture (which I see as nearly perfect for a knit blazer, slimming but not tight), and I have a true 40 chest and weight 175 lbs and am 5'11", i.e. closer to a 50 in many tailored brands.

I wish that more designers cut like Geller. if they did, i could essentially wear anything.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i meant to comment that that is really sad. there are brands that i want to kop bits and pieces from here and there, and AK was one of those brands. You always think you have time...:(

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

NM x Target x Thom Browne Blazer

It's a bit precious for my usual style, but I am impressed with the details for the price: functional buttonholes, fully lined, dual vents. Might go back.

This Target/H&M/whatever collabo **** needs to stop.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

This Target/H&M/whatever collabo **** needs to stop.

I would like to see Target / HM and MMM / Neiman Marcus. target and neiman marcus together is sad.

inmamy

Reaction score

Geller Richard blazer in an intrguing material. It's like fleece backed knit, as if they took a knit and bonded it to a knit material. Incredible fit - definitely size down. The size 48 fits like in that picture (which I see as nearly perfect for a knit blazer, slimming but not tight), and I have a true 40 chest and weight 175 lbs and am 5'11", i.e. closer to a 50 in many tailored brands.
I wish that more designers cut like Geller. if they did, i could essentially wear anything.

Where were you able to get this in a sz48? They have the same blazer at Park and Bond but I don't like the color.

pyroxyze

Reaction score
Rick Owens AW12 Mountain Mollino Calfskin came in. Beautiful thick oiled calfskin leather reminiscent of the leathers BBS and Obscur are coming out with.

Fit pic with 19cm Dior Raw and Augusta backzips.

Uniqlo zip up also came in.. Amazing quality for $30 and with YKK zippers. I ordered an XL and it fits like a M in Silent / BBS / etc. Kinda has that fit too with the double zips. Fit pic with Dior 19cm and Augusta backzips.

link to said uniqlo jacket?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rick Owens AW12 Mountain Mollino Calfskin came in. Beautiful thick oiled calfskin leather reminiscent of the leathers BBS and Obscur are coming out with.
LL
Fit pic with 19cm Dior Raw and Augusta backzips.

LL
Uniqlo zip up also came in.. Amazing quality for $30 and with YKK zippers. I ordered an XL and it fits like a M in Silent / BBS / etc. Kinda has that fit too with the double zips. Fit pic with Dior 19cm and Augusta backzips.

LL
nice jacket, which backzips are those

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads