• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dnna1

Reaction score
I was trying to be nice about it. I was saying I don't see cohesion from what you buy, and your fits demonstrate that your wardrobe is wearing you, and not vice versa. Its not necessarily that I care, cuz when you post a fit on WAYWT I think one acknowledges you aren't going to be absolved from criticism.

Yeah like I said, the whole reason I post is to improve. I love it when someone posts and get shitted on and then say they don't care what you think. Obviously I cared enough to take a picture and post it. Anyway, I am going to stop posting the brands when I post fits, just criticism of the fit and not the price would be appreciated.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really suggest first finding what fits for your build. Also, it doesn't matter if you post the names of the items because what matters right now is that the items fit you. You seem to struggle on that front, I originally made a comment in WAYWT that you should maybe invest money in travel so you could actually try on ****, and see what works for you better.

yah and a ******* camera

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
So but them yourself then and wear them how you want to. Why do you care so much how I am wearing what I own? Whatever I don't want to get into a long argument here or anything I enjoy this forum and will continue to. And I never claimed you should not criticize my fits, if they are bad tell me that. But constructive criticism would be better than just saying I spend too much money.... Just trying to improve.

It isn't 'jealousy,' it's the fact that spending $5k on a single outfit makes it exponentially easier to look good. When somebody posts a fit and a bit of it looks off, usually it's a cheaper item, and the fact that it doesn't fit quite right isn't due to a failure on the part of the person to understand what works for them, just a shortage of clothing budget.

When you're dropping that much money on clothing and things don't fit, it's solely your own fault. You've got the resources to make the outfit look good, and from what I can tell from your photos everything is too big.

Also stop telling everyone they're jealous; you look about 16 so I can't imagine it's your own cash you're blowing.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Quote:

It isn't 'jealousy,' it's the fact that spending $5k on a single outfit makes it exponentially easier to look good.  When somebody posts a fit and a bit of it looks off, usually it's a cheaper item, and the fact that it doesn't fit quite right isn't due to a failure on the part of the person to understand what works for them, just a shortage of clothing budget.

When you're dropping that much money on clothing and things don't fit, it's solely your own fault.  You've got the resources to make the outfit look good, and from what I can tell from your photos everything is too big.

Also stop telling everyone they're jealous; you look about 16 so I can't imagine it's your own cash you're blowing.

so? wtf does this have to with anything?

if you dont like his fits be specific of why? you say everything is "to big." do you have an example of what this means? i am not saying you are right or not but dont say stupid **** like you did above. personally, i think you are extremely jealous otherwise you would not have made your last comment. but i could care less what you feel.

the guy is buying real clothing and is welcoming your comments on how to improve his look, which is much more then most of you people do (myself included). instead of making blanket statements it would be more helpful if you provided specific examples of what you mean.

Last edited:

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If SNS Hernings are beaters now, styleforum has come a LONG way.

haha yeah... I think its more of a case that people heard Jet saying it and kept mindlessly repeating it, not thinking about the fact that Jet pretty much collects high end knits and a "beater" knit to him is still nicer than 90% of the knits in most people's closets. They aren't super soft and luxurious, but they're well-constructed, good quality, slim-ish fitting knits that can be found at a reasonable price.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
whatever123 you suck. go have another nervous breakdown in the yuketen thread. i don't care where his money comes from, but the purpose of this site is to solicit opinions, and my opinion is that, considering how all his fit pics are pretty meh, he just wasted a bunch of cash on **** that won't fit well.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
YOUR BOOTS THAT ARE IDENTICAL TO YUKETENS IN EVERY WAY DON"T HAVE THE CORRECT STAMP!!!!! noo1oo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

whatever123 you suck. go have another nervous breakdown in the yuketen thread. i don't care where his money comes from, but the purpose of this site is to solicit opinions, and my opinion is that, considering how all his fit pics are pretty meh, he just wasted a bunch of cash on **** that won't fit well.

why? post an example.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dnna1 fiasco reminds me of when Fark (I think?) joined SZ. He had a lot of expensive **** and didn't wear it particularly well, so people accused him of being a victim of hype, not being connected to the aesthetic, or some other bullshit. Then he learned how to wear all his expensive **** and now everybody loves him. He still looks like a generic SZ fanboi, but they've accepted him into the fold. It was a lulzy time. A true SZ experience.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, his stuff fit him fine even in the beginning, their argument was that authenticity stuff. I think the jealousy was sparked by how he posted all the **** he owned, and then desperately sought for acceptance by even going as far as making a video about SZ. Also, this talk about generic is funny considering the type of fits you post, look like everyone I see outside on a daily basis.

Last edited:

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

you gonna post a fit of "pretty meh" and "**** that dont fit well" or what?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads