• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this jacket at a thrift shop earlier and for $35, figured I could do something with it. The jacket is a kind of waxed canvas with some interesting details and kinda fitted, which is nice.

My only issue is with a kind of odd vent in the back, that ends up looking kinda poofy on me because I have broad shoulders and a slimmish waist (drop 8):

A couple fit pics:

Last edited:

dnna1

Reaction score
Last couple weeks......
LUC
IMG_3457-1-2.jpg

LUC
luc-1.jpg

CCP

6223467978_55fed5fa81_b-1.jpg

Guidi
mod-01842-398x600.jpg

BBS
boris_bidjan_saberi_1_small-1.jpg

Now someone please kop the last small vegetable lamb intarasia on luisaviaroma so I don't.... Last thing I need is more winter clothes in Arizona

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ not for me but love the recycled scarves piece- probably the most baller LUC piece made. (Washi J pant too :slayer: )

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dnna, don't take me as a jealous dude. However, you splurge money left and right but I don't see anything cohesive here, just a lot of money thrown around in too many directions. Your fits are a testament of this..I dunno maybe I'm too focused on a singular defining style per person, and don't like seeing people look like fashion sluts but I feel in your case you don't really know what you want? Maybe I'm wrong its just based on fit pics it seems like you try to jumble everything together and it becomes too big of a mess. Maybe I'm not as risky, but I dunno...

maybe I'm being too harsh cuz I am seeing expensive **** being bought, in the end its all experimenting till we find what works I guess.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Wish the Mr. P sale would end soon... there's one more jacket I'm watching and if it drops again well :fu: ramen for a few months I suppose...

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I foresee another awful, yet expensive, fit from dnna coming up in a few days.
nest.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I still don't get the Stark love. They look awkward on most people, and don't feel that great.

Not much to get, just a decent beater that is nice and warm. People look awkward when they wear it thinking it's a standout piece.

dnna, don't take me as a jealous dude. However, you splurge money left and right but I don't see anything cohesive here, just a lot of money thrown around in too many directions. Your fits are a testament of this..I dunno maybe I'm too focused on a singular defining style per person, and don't like seeing people look like fashion sluts but I feel in your case you don't really know what you want? Maybe I'm wrong its just based on fit pics it seems like you try to jumble everything together and it becomes too big of a mess. Maybe I'm not as risky, but I dunno...
maybe I'm being too harsh cuz I am seeing expensive **** being bought, in the end its all experimenting till we find what works I guess.

I foresee another awful, yet expensive, fit from dnna coming up in a few days. :nest:

dunno how you guys can judge his fits. i can't see **** most of the time.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Why do you care so much?

I love how you are on a personal crusade to defend goth ninja bullshit. Nobody ever gives a **** or takes it this personal when delving into any other aesthetic except you insecure ***** from sz.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you're actually taking my comments way too serious, they are the product of someone over buzzed on coffee looking to have an excuse to not study for a final. However, in the end we all care too much by default since we post on a fashion site, and we *** the minute a promo code is posted.

Last edited:

dnna1

Reaction score
See what I don't get is that every criticism has something to do with the price. If its a fit thing, then say that, and I can understnd that. But who cares how expensive the outfit was. It is not like I am spending money I don't have on this stuff, or all my money. It seems like people's, Lane especially, are mainly based on jealousy. Maybe not, but it seems like it.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

See what I don't get is that every criticism has something to do with the price. If its a fit thing, then say that, and I can understnd that. But who cares how expensive the outfit was. It is not like I am spending money I don't have on this stuff, or all my money. It seems like people's, Lane especially, are mainly based on jealousy. Maybe not, but it seems like it.

Because spending $5000 to look bad is way more disagreeable than spending $500 to look bad.

I think "jealousy" may be an element, but it's not in the "I wish I had that stuff" way as much as it is "oh my god those awesome things are being worn so terribly my soul hurts."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads