• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Serious question and not a snide insult but what do you guys do with your baller cameras? Seems a lot of people on the forum have super dope/expensive cameras. Do you take classes and do art type stuff? Vacation photos? I was just wondering. I'd love a cool camera but just worry i wouldn't use it enough
i don't have a baller camera but i do have a small collection of older film ones
bigstar[1].gif
not always on me but i sometimes carry them around or go exploring on weekends. one medium format with plenty of lenses, one fixed-lens range finder, and anther 35mm with extra tele lens. i find this way I learn a lot more about photography because anyone can pick up a $1500 piece of equipment and generate stunning shots since they are very advanced machines at this point.

chomeo

Reaction score
Serious question and not a snide insult but what do you guys do with your baller cameras? Seems a lot of people on the forum have super dope/expensive cameras. Do you take classes and do art type stuff? Vacation photos? I was just wondering. I'd love a cool camera but just worry i wouldn't use it enough

i can't say for others. but I don't think the Leica Dlux is baller. it's a good point and shoot that serves me for what i need - good photos in rather compact package.

Alexlude

Reaction score
picked up these pierre hardy's for 50% off thecorner.com (yoox), last one in stock, came in today. First purchase from here.. they wrap **** up bossy.

ph1-L.jpg

ph3-L.jpg

ph5-L.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Where 2 kop magical color-changing candle?

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get the Canon S95 for about $300 now. It's a p&s but has a manual mode. I mostly use it to take macro pictures of food.

Alexlude

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah i'm happy with those PH's and for $255, couldnt resist. Mr. Moo, that Noguchi is real of course, Isamu just didnt sign the glass
laugh.gif
Iphone4 takes some nice pics in the right lighting
nog1-L.jpg

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i don't have a baller camera but i do have a small collection of older film ones
bigstar[1].gif

not always on me but i sometimes carry them around or go exploring on weekends.
one medium format with plenty of lenses, one fixed-lens range finder, and anther 35mm with extra tele lens.
i find this way I learn a lot more about photography because anyone can pick up a $1500 piece of equipment and generate stunning shots since they are very advanced machines at this point.

cheers.gif

Film is awesome, a little bit of an expensive hobby some might say but you really put in a lot of thought into your shots. It's also fun developing/scanning yourself (I have access to a darkroom, don't know if I'd ever do it in my bathroom) and waiting for prints/developing to come back, not knowing if you fucked everything up, and if you did, you learn from it. This is more about photography in general, but when you take a ******* awesome picture you kind of just stand back and are like, holy ****, I took this.

What medium format do you shoot with shah? I haven't gotten into medium format but would love to. Been wanting a bronica sq-a for a while, love waist level vf + 6x6 square crop
inlove.gif

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use my S90 for vacation and snapshot photos, and use my X100 to take cool pictures when I'm around town on the weekends. I use each of them about half and half, they both have their purpose. I know how to use a camera, I used to shoot a manual olympus, but I don't have the time/patience for film, and I would never carry around an DSLR because it's too bulky. X100 is a perfect medium, really what I want out of a camera, especially with all the controls built into it (no clue why there isn't a dial for ISO, though). It's expensive for a hobby, but I'm already getting more use out of it than I thought I would. Also durable as hell, so I don't mind throwing it in my briefcase/daybag. It really brought a lot of the technical joy I used to enjoy about photography (composing shots, thinking about movement and focus, whatever) and put it in a package I can use very conveniently. edit: here's some pictures I've taken in the last week if you're interested in what I shoot with this thing All of it's just for fun: places I go, things I eat, friends, etc., but I feel I can be more creative than with a point and shoot. All pictures are directly from the camera, no Photoshop other than some cropping of the one of the Chinese bun place catching fire I'm sure some photos dudes would find fault with my pictures, but it's fun enough for me to justify the price
bReNZ.jpg
CHe2w.jpg
RLZpQ.jpg
5pn7C.jpg
jYRb4.jpg
71sMP.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance