• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ratio Clothing Appreciation Thread

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forgive me gentlemen for the lateness of tis post. Forgot on Etsy I have my pocket squares in Ratio Japanese Oxford.
Nice! Thank you very much for sharing.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The new blue twill looks particularly nice, looks like a hairline stripe to me. I want!
biggrin.gif

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice choice, I have three shirts coming by months' end. Let us know about the weight and fabric - I haven't purchased a madras yet.

It was a spur of the moment purchase, even though the shirt is going to arrive mid to late August if Ratio's timelines are accurate. I'll be wearing this into October, it stays pretty mild in my part of the world.

Last edited:

sean anon

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the fabric Ratio uses?

I bought two shirts and admittedly haven't worn them much because they are dressier than my everyday attire

One was a light blue twill that has worked out well. Not the best fabric but fine for the price and a nice looking shirt

The other was a pinpoint 80's windowpane. Stiff fabric that wrinkles like crazy and is hard to iron. I wouldn't expect luxurious fabric at the price point but this one was worse than expected

The fit was great on both ( I must be built close to their standard waist sizing drop) and I am considering another.

Last edited:

seer

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the fabric Ratio uses?

I bought two shirts and admittedly haven't worn them much because they are dressier than my everyday attire

One was a light blue herringbone twill that has worked out well. Not the best fabric but fine for the price and a nice looking shirt

The other was a pinpoint 80's windowpane. Stiff fabric that wrinkles like crazy and is hard to iron. I wouldn't expect luxurious fabric at the price point but this one was worse than expected

The fit was great on both ( I must be built close to their standard waist sizing drop) and I am considering another.

I like their standard oxford cloth shirts. Heavier than the pinpoint, but it wears and washes so well. I'm wearing the gray right now (I had it made with black buttons). I also have the Dennison plaid which is a medium weight poplin - again easy wearing, it doesn't wrinkle easily.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I mainly only have experience with the oxford cloth. It's nice and has washed well for me on each shirt I own. Recently got my first non-oxford from Ratio. A seersucker gingham. Fabric seems nice enough, but I haven't had a chance to wash it yet.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It is good to see people posting here! :) thanks for keeping the Ratio thread alive.

aspasp

Reaction score
wish they still had their purple mini gingham in stock, but my first shirt was solid from them. ordered another one recently, great customer service

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my Monetary madras shirt in this morning from Ratio, sat in the Canada Customs wing of the Canada Post Gateway Sorting facility for a week, got dinged $23 in taxes. Aside from that which was out of Ratio's and my control, the shirt is fantastic, well made and I will be buying from them again in the future.

zinc2162

Reaction score
I wanted to try Ratio but not sure how much the tax/duties will be. Was it just HST that you have to pay?

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wanted to try Ratio but not sure how much the tax/duties will be. Was it just HST that you have to pay?

The princely total of $23 with Ontario HST and the $5 handling fee.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you can do the drive to the border, wear the shirt across :)
Glad to see folks giving Ratio more due.
My white OCBD is wearing beautifully and my new girlfriend (SOOOO HAPPY) took my small navy gingham with her on vacation.

dra

Reaction score
Just wanted to add - I've received two orders with two more on the way. For the price point it's a no brainer. Their ratio slim fit is pretty spot on, and it's nice that guys with larger necks / longer arms can specify (as you give up one or the other in my experience with most OTR sizing in other brands, premium or otherwise). You can customize way more than is initially obvious as well. There is an advanced tab, and you can email for further options. Did a bit of research and I believe these are made in the same NC factory as brooks brothers MTM.

Anyway, give them a shot. Can't beat them for the price. Hoping they start adding some more interesting fabric choices soon (a pindot?).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads