• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS007

Reaction score

It wasn't always like this but there's definitely an adaptive capacity with regards to the mind's ability to recognize good/progressive design.....

When I just read that post I had the mental picture of someone on jets laptop, writing away, with the real jet sitting handcuffed in a corner crying:

" get me outta those pleb handcuffs doggy. Please, you re on my jock all day du."

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The purger in me is daring to sell off about a half dozen things from my closet. They're garments I really don't wear much, mostly Mister Freedom and some EG, but are so unique that I might periodically enjoy pulling them out of the closet to wear. Don't get me wrong, there is some MF, like my midnight denim peacoat, that I'll keep forever. But, I feel like I've moved on from looking like a full-on ship's captain. I'm torn.

In similar news, I was wondering how much I actually like my Nanamica duffle from last FW, until I tried it on over my Mallory jacket. **** me, it was a great fit, and it'll be an excellent overcoat this winter.

Sometimes, I feel like I don't appreciate what I have and truly like if there are items in my closet that I'm not sure I want to keep. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of person.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Belstaff makes $2200+ CANVAS totes. Belstaff.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

04b84774_IMG_3696.jpeg

i want to buy this rrl cardigan, wear it oversized over some faded denim, a white oxford and some boots.

remind me of Abercrombie

Last edited:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from Vertice london? Just no shipping confirmation or replies to emails, I know they're legit just hoping their customer service isn't always this bad.

MS007

Reaction score
[LIST] [*][URL='https://www.stylef...x30px-ZC-5601ca85_myfuckingogavatar[/IMG] jet
"only one handcuffed is your mom"
[/LIST]
[/URL] That was a fast fall-back to the old unsecure clowning. Seriously, why do you write like a highschool dropout 99% of the time? Regarding your point, it is actually not untrue. But you are concentrating on a very select number of big (western) designers, and the same can definitly not be said for the majority of the community.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Regis is that you?

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
:lol: Not my fault MS007 doesn't like the baller du...better than you...lifestyle. In fact just because the guy has a QofS avatar, I even went out of my way to let him know how to go about it in this very thread. I wouldn't have the time/patience to spend trying to balance other accounts, like yourself

In the older threads I have come across you seem informative, you should probably give that a try again and drop the act

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I knew you guys were circlejerkin over me in private that's so cute.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

I knew you guys were circlejerkin over me in private that's so cute.

No. Besides the laughing icon, that was a sincere post. Take it how you like

Last edited:

dwyhajlo

Reaction score

It wasn't always like this but there's definitely an adaptive capacity with regards to the mind's ability to recognize good/progressive design. When I got into this game in 06 I wasn't able to process a lot of things when i saw them, not able to see them in context nor multi-dimensionally. I would just see what was on the rack or in pictures online. Clothes have to be felt and worn to be appreciated, on the hanger they are just two dimensions but on the body the depth and volume is perceived. I spent a great deal of time on the forums and going to virtually every shop in LA trying things on so slowly my mind was able to digest all of the details and design of each garment. There are things I still kick myself for not picking up but I didn't know better back then because my comfort zone was far more constricted that it is now. There was a willhelm robe I thought was ridiculous and it sat at sw for months until one day it finally disappeared. It took me over a year to recognize how brilliant it was. Contrary to your initial point it only got better when I really figured out what jil was about in 07 even though I handled it quite a bit the year prior at barneys. Different shops have different buys and jil especially has quite the expansive showroom from what I hear. It is nearly impossible for any two shops to have somewhat similar buys and quality is tiered in my experience. A particular shop I dealt with only sold the very high end garments while barney's down the street had the crude pedestrian pieces because they were afraid the others were too luxurious and unaffordable I imagine. This design boom lasted until late 2009 which is what I've been lecturing here for some time, then and now it is still superb when I go through my closet and pictures I've saved. The fact that hindsight is clearer or the perception that older is better has no bearing on my opinions, it just is. We are definitely in a design depression since vb is no more, mmm design team is history, raf going insane and making a mockery of jil not to mention his own line in as far as the aesthetics I am drawn to. There are new designers emerging all the time and there always will be but none of them really seem to have a more signature vision that lends itself to perceived wearability than my preferred ones above.

Well, she is back, sorta. Here's hoping that new mens collections follow soon.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wasn't always like this but there's definitely an adaptive capacity with regards to the mind's ability to recognize good/progressive design. When I got into this game in 06 I wasn't able to process a lot of things when i saw them, not able to see them in context nor multi-dimensionally. I would just see what was on the rack or in pictures online. Clothes have to be felt and worn to be appreciated, on the hanger they are just two dimensions but on the body the depth and volume is perceived. I spent a great deal of time on the forums and going to virtually every shop in LA trying things on so slowly my mind was able to digest all of the details and design of each garment. There are things I still kick myself for not picking up but I didn't know better back then because my comfort zone was far more constricted that it is now. There was a willhelm robe I thought was ridiculous and it sat at sw for months until one day it finally disappeared. It took me over a year to recognize how brilliant it was. Contrary to your initial point it only got better when I really figured out what jil was about in 07 even though I handled it quite a bit the year prior at barneys. Different shops have different buys and jil especially has quite the expansive showroom from what I hear. It is nearly impossible for any two shops to have somewhat similar buys and quality is tiered in my experience. A particular shop I dealt with only sold the very high end garments while barney's down the street had the crude pedestrian pieces because they were afraid the others were too luxurious and unaffordable I imagine. This design boom lasted until late 2009 which is what I've been lecturing here for some time, then and now it is still superb when I go through my closet and pictures I've saved. The fact that hindsight is clearer or the perception that older is better has no bearing on my opinions, it just is. We are definitely in a design depression since vb is no more, mmm design team is history, raf going insane and making a mockery of jil not to mention his own line in as far as the aesthetics I am drawn to. There are new designers emerging all the time and there always will be but none of them really seem to have a more signature vision that lends itself to perceived wearability than my preferred ones above.

I wouldn't mind if you occasionally dropped the internet persona for posts like this more often, either.

I've been wearing my VB coat every single day since it got cold. It's not flashy or weird like a lot of **** that gets repped here, it's just really, really perfect. MMM has a lot of things with that characteristic, too. Every time I've owned something that was avant garde or really blatantly designer-y, it's been sold or gone back eventually, and I can't think of a lot of designers that are catering to people who just want to wear normal-ish, nice (casual) clothes right now. If you're the funky bizcaz/ trouser-wearing type, you can do a lot better, but really I just want to wear jeans + boots + knit/tshirt and jacket 90% of the time. Name me a designer that had jeans as a core part of their collection this season that isn't in the goth ninja camp.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hey Parker what you think about h&s vs scabal for some custom dinner pants? Anything else I should consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads