1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

ah, gotcha. I saw a ton of both, and the AMs, and roshes. add in all the flyknit hype, and if there's any hype left for gyakusou (think it died down but could be wrong), the endless love for jordans, etc etc...

2. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

Went to a local Alpaca farm in KY yesterday and commissioned a scarf. This lady grows the Alpaca, shears them, spins the fiber, then knits it all herself. I based the pattern off of my SS scarf, and Im super excited to get it. She also invents a lot of her own knitting techniques. I asked her to pick a knit pattern that she thinks will look best with the fiber.

Plus they have sweet hair and are super cute.

[​IMG]

34 people like this.
  3. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

my sister got me socks and my mom a scarf from a very similar farm setup for christmas. the socks are comfortable and the scarf is absolutely gorgeous. planning on commissioning a scarf myself. hope your experience is just as awesome!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Alpaca is so nice. I think my fav is mohair though. I like the fuzziness :embar:

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Can I get a hook with the alpaca lady?

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The new $25 Wooster_GATS: legit and anticipating a fresh coat of paint.

7 people like this.
  7. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

Hey those actually look pretty good [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. thewho13

thewho13 Well-Known Member

I'm allowing myself to have complicated feelings about this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 people like this.
  9. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Damn and those sneakers probably have same quality leather as the MMM ones. All JCPs have them?

1 person likes this.
  10. thewho13

You're kidding right? You've got to be kidding. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

I don't understand why everybody bags on MMM leather quality. Mine have held up pretty well (though they're not the original white/gray) and they're far and way the most comfortable sneakers I own (CP, Buttero, Raf, etc.).

12. stevent

Not kidding

I mean my green pair is straight up terrible, maybe it's the batch but it's crap. My brother has maybe 5 pairs GATs and all don't look very good used neither. His CPs look much nicer though recent CPs fw12 / ss13 felt really bad too. FW13 CP was a little better. Just at $450 retail price point / $250 sale price point I would expect a little better from MMM. The leather will hold up just fine just would prefer something a little nicer if I'm spending so much. Maybe just prejudiced since I pay the same for cheap leather glued together vs nice leather machine welted

Comfort wise yeah GATs are definitely most comfortable for me as well though I rarely wear sneakers. MMM is still my top choice for sneakers, just don't feel leather quality is there. Still gotta get galaxy print too.

13. thewho13

Definitely agree with you re comfort. I love my CPs, but Margiela trainers are faaaar more comfortable. I've no idea if the leather holds up just as well, but it sure doesn't feel cheap enough that I'd be concerned about them falling apart or anything.

14. clark kent

clark kent Well-Known Member

the JCP gats are comfy, but the difference in leather quality is huge. they look really good though. i've already gotten a good amount of wear from them.

refer to my original post on em.
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/227977/german-army-trainers-thread/435#post_6809786

dont mind the insoles i just threw them in there. i'm a size 40 in MMM and the smallest size they make in the JCPS is US 8. they're pretty big on me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

jcps look like some simpsons caricature shit that someone decided to make in real life

7 people like this.
  16. cyc wid it

If you really don't want to spring for full price, you should just get surplus German ones.

I might have to focus on the CM side of things for a while. iGentdom here we come.

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

sup

what's next on your list? gonna cop a couple more shirts then work on my shoe game

18. cyc wid it

I don't really need super baller suits as it stands, but it irks me how I get that little ridge behind the back of the collar on just about every RTW brand I've tried on - plus I have to buy separates for drop, which limits my options. So far I just have a couple Epaulet suits for work and a Boglioli silk blend one for fun. I'll probably look to add something a step up or so (or hopefully find a brand that fits me a little better). Then I want to upgrade a couple of my shoes - I have the "essentials" already more or less, but some of them are of lesser quality. That should be plenty. Oh, and add a couple more nice shirts (although Kamakura would probably be enough) and ties. My tie game is pretty feeble.

I also realized in preparation for NYE that I seem to have outgrown my tux jacket... or something happened when I had it dry cleaned, although it was borderline tight to begin with.

19. stevent

Don't upgrade shoes if you don't have to, easy way to sink $25k into random stuff you don't need

Cyc you kop any watches recently, I'm on / off on watches can't decide if I really want one or not

20. cyc wid it

Not since the Datejust earlier this year (and sold my SM300). I'm pretty decided on what my next watch(es) will be though whenever I can justify it/them: JLC MUT moon phase for dress, Rolex sub (from my birth year if possible).

Try them on in person if you can. What are you looking at? Stitches and other people from the watch thread have tons of knowledge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.