• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
R_six

ive just noticed how ecclectic your style is. What is your wardrobe like?

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
No, I just work in Manhattan. Though I had very close friends who went, and in general, NYU students are easy to spot.

From what I know, if you're looking for an intellectual community type atmosphere it isn't the place to go really. The draw of NYU is that you live in downtown manhattan and have basically everything the city has to offer (hence the proliferation of "OMG You are so Carrie Bradshaw!' girls). It is monstrously expensive, both in terms of cost of admission and lifestyle. You'll have to stop kopping julius for a while
laugh.gif

From your posts here I feel like you'd have a better time at a place with a more nerds and fewer hipsters.

hmm, I guess I'll never find my niche!

I love the city as I visit once in a while, thinking of going soon actually when it heats up. I just thought I'd fit in better at NYU. I already plan to move there maybe, depending on my grad plans.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
I don't get the comparison, but then you're a really weird dude. Love Charles's vaginal cockbib.

wow. They look like they could be twins to me (0). But then again the last couple times I've posted similar mugs here they seem to have gone completely missed. You guys just don't have the gift.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
AR_six
ive just noticed how ecclectic your style is. What is your wardrobe like?

How did you not notice this?

It is, right now, a mix of
1. apocalyptic stuff for fun, ie Drkshdw, some Geller, etc,
2. stuff kind of like what slack tide wears ie for when I don't care, ie W+H, alden, Spurr, MMM, etc, nothing that would particularly shock anyone's sensibilities, and
3. my work wardrobe which is 90% BBBF and Thom.

There are a couple of outlier pieces like my rafstros that get worked in, i.e. stuff I own not because it fits a particular aesthetic but just because I like the piece.

Most of my wardrobe falls into 2 and 3 but most of what I post here is from 1 since it's the most interesting. Like today I'm just wearing spurrs, blue lanvin hi's, a W+H button up and cardigan.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
stuff I own not because it fits a particular aesthetic but just because I like the piece.

The problem with my wardrobe is that it is mostly these.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^that's not a problem at all

my entire wardrobe is like that

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^that's not a problem at all my entire wardrobe is like that
Glad it's worked for you, but half of my wardrobe I've worn maybe once or twice. Perhaps I lack the proper vision. The plus side is that I never tire of those pieces.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
It's a problem if none of it looks good together. Can't exactly wear a CCP fencing with kelvstros.

Yep. At least the Geller looks nice on the hanger.

pfurey

Reaction score
It's a problem if none of it looks good together. Can't exactly wear a CCP fencing with kelvstros.

I might wear kelvstros to a bar mitzvah next month. Tempted.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Originally Posted by mordecai
Yep. At least the Geller looks nice on the hanger.

Not all of it needs to be complementary but if each piece has a ton of options of what it could be worn with I don't see a problem. Fortunately, I don't like hugely disparate aesthetic directions.

I would wear an overlock with rafs (not fencing).

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
^did your ccp order ever come thru ?

xM.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
how bout that new fleet foxes song. mm mm. the first one they released from the new album, I wasn't thrilled by but this has me excited again.

they released two songs actually and the album leaked last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads